Seeking a Principal Quality Engineering Lead within Discover Financial Services – Business Technology. As a member of Finance Systems value stream this role will be the lead for testing planning and execution of our Finance Modernization initiatives. We are migrating several core applications to Oracle Cloud Financials ERP, EPM, and Accounting Hub solutions. Additionally we are migrating interfaces to take advantages of AWS and Ab Initio Metadata Hub to provide data lineage and metadata repository capabilities.
- Oversee and coordinate testing activities to reconcile feeds to current GL to the new GL
- Oversee and provide coordination of the integrated testing of changes to 20+ systems to accommodate a new chart of account structure and values
- Coordination of testing for downstream applications that consume GL for reporting and analytics
- Coordination of activities to provision and execute SIT, FIT, End To End, and Business Simulation testing waves throughout the life of the project
- Coordinate activities with SI partner to provide data needed for build activities within the Oracle platforms.
- Drives for quality, ensure Quality is built in from the start via establishing acceptance criteria, defining quality gates, staying abreast if new and emerging technologies and working with Senior Management to define and maintain a strategy.
- Participates in Program grooming to understand initiatives, technical features, and business features to ensure strategy supports them.
- Responsible for overall test strategy design, timely amendment and delivery. QE subject matter expert and testing solutions architect.
- Provides leadership support to the system team ensuring team cohesion through regular team meetings, 1:1's. Takes necessary steps (prioritization, mentoring, and assistance) to enable the teams to be a high value, cross-functional, autonomous unit.
- Actively contributes and participates in all Agile ceremonies such as iteration planning, story grooming, daily stand ups, and retrospective meetings.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
- 4+ years of experience leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods within Payments Industry or Equivalent Experience
- In Lieu of Education 6+ years of experience leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods within Payments Industry or Equivalent Experience
- ISTQB Foundation
- 8 years of experience in software development and quality engineering.
- 2 years of experience as a software architect or technical product management
- Experience with large ERP financial system implementations
- Experience with Oracle cloud ERP and/or EPM is preferred
- Experience working in SAFe agile/iterative development methodology
- 3 years of experience in establishing test automation strategy and using the automated tools for end-to-end product architecture and technology stack in a CI/CD setting
- Ability to collaborate with application, technical and value stream architects and software development engineers to ensure design for quality practices and tooling are formulated and adhered
- Ability to collaborate with sr. management for managing quality deliverables and outcomes
- Detail oriented communication and documentation skills
- Exposure to applications developed on AWS, PCF or similar platforms
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks and resource leaks with strong troubleshooting, problem solving & reasoning skills