Responsible for ensuring products and initiatives (for Innovation Performance Measurement platform from new product development to enhancements to the current Software as a Service (SAAS) products), are of the highest quality. Ensure the product quality of major releases, by engaging in the full cross-browser software testing on web application and mobile devices, by focusing on requirements scoping to test planning and execution, using automated and manual testing techniques, and object-oriented design and development, and working with continuous integration systems in an Agile-Scrum environment. Architect and maintain the functional automation framework. Plan, develop, and execute automated test cases, and develop modular, robust, and maintainable automation scripts. Participate in project planning to provide input on functional requirements, usability requirements, testing strategies, testing time estimates, and potential problems. Plan test schedules and strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates, and track all aspects of the project, including scope, schedule, effort, risks, and issues. Use understanding of Software Quality Assurance (SQA) concepts and practices to identify risks, and prepare action plans to mitigate them. Design, build, and execute test scenarios by interpreting requirements to uncover and isolate defects. Analyze, document, and track software defects to closure, and adopt various testing methodologies, including exploratory, compatibility, system, integration, functional, usability and regression testing to ensure that features are usable, reliable, and work as designed. Identify and implement Quality Assurance processes in support of providing quality products. Deliver on technical Proof of concept(s) and migrations on need basis to support the quality of the software. Without managerial authority, train new hires and team members on applications, tools, technologies, and processes, and oversee their work on project deliverables and contribute towards hiring and interviewing process (including (Senior) QA Engineers), on- and off-shore. Travel: involves approximately 1-2 domestic/international trips of approximately 1 week per year to attend business meetings. Tools used: Selenium Webdriver, Appium, Impala, TestNG, Geb, Azure Cloud, Microservices Testing, API test automation, test management and bug tracking tools, HTML and CSS web technologies, and version control systems.
- Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering (any), or related (foreign equivalent degree acceptable) plus 2 years of experience in information technology quality assurance. A bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of progressively responsible post-baccalaureate experience is accepted in lieu of a master’s degree plus 2 years of experience.
- Must have experience with automation frameworks; planning, developing, and executing automated test cases; developing modular, robust, and maintainable automation scripts; web-application testing; testing types including regression, system, integration, functional, and usability testing; cross-browser testing; Object-Oriented design and development; Selenium Webdriver; Appium; Impala; TestNG; Geb; Azure Cloud; API test automation; using test management and bug tracking tools to conduct test validation and test debugging; working in an onshore-offshore model; working with continuous integration systems; working in an Agile-Scrum environment; and managing IT QA projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQA concepts and practices; HTML and CSS web technologies; and version control systems.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, project management, and oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or internationally for approximately 1 week per year.