Be The Match Operating Philosophy:
Right now, people's lives depend upon our performance. Our leaders have ownership of their areas, the autonomy to determine the best path, and the responsibility to ethically deliver excellent results. Be The Match professionals are Professional Grade, Driven, Adaptable, Action Oriented, and Team Members Always.
The Principle Quality Assurance Analyst – CRM establishes standards and methodologies for quality assurance and testing to be used by the organization's QA and Test resources. The incumbent leads project teams in a key role representing the QA and Test team as part of the project's tactical leadership working closely with QA Manager, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Architects, engineering and Customers to ensure the CRM predetermined solutions and being delivered. The incumbent ensures automated test scripts for software to verify programs conform and function according to established standards. The incumbent provides direction and technical assistance for Senior Quality Assurance Analysts and serves as coach and mentor for other QA team members including Analysts, Associates and Interns as delegated by the QA Manager.
- Provides oversight on projects during the planning phase to review and analyze requirements for appropriate test strategies, estimates, resources, costs, quality and schedules.
- Provides oversight on efforts to organize, maintain, and automate application testing.
- Provides oversight to QA resources on various types of test execution including: functional, system, integration, performance and regression testing.
- Provides oversight on test plans, procedures, cases, data development, environment set up, and execution.
- Facilitates and resolves escalated issues with various levels of leadership and stakeholders.
- Provides oversight on the standard defect tracking process.
- Provides timely and up-to-date status of assigned tasks to the QA Manager, and appropriate team members.
- Provides oversight to maintain the traceability of requirements with testing execution information.
- May work with Business Analysts and customers on user acceptance criteria and User Acceptance Testing.
- Provides oversight in efforts to design, develop, organize, maintain and automate test plans and cases.
- Provides oversight on production support testing activities such as defect triage, hot fixes or scheduled release regression and smoke testing.
- Ensures product development and system modifications have been tested and ensures results are documented, auditable, and consistent with the needs and stated objectives.
- Coaches QA resources in summarizing Test execution and defects results that provide status on progress and product quality including associated quality risks.
- Facilitates efforts to standardize and improve the quality assurance and test processes; including test metrics, test results, and managing test issues and risks.
- Facilitates efforts at a program level with the QA Manager and IT team members with streamlining processes for improved effectiveness and efficiency. May define and implement SDLC or operational processes for the organization.
- Coordinates the identification of trends in process problems and proposes recommendations for improvements or corrective action on a periodic basis.
- Leads efforts to ensure compliance to standard processes as applied appropriately on projects and periodically reviewed.
- Occasionally, leads efforts to analyze and implement new testing tools and/or methodologies while researching the changing marketplace to keep current with technology and upgrades.
- Assists in the interviewing of candidates for QA staff and contingent worker positions.
- Coordinates and trains team members on Quality Assurance and Testing processes and tools.
Project Related Tasks:
- Assists the Program and Project Manager to clarify Quality Assurance scope and objectives for the project.
- Ensures that test deliverables are complete, organized and delivered in a timely manner.
- Reviews, coaches and approves QA Plans, and control processes for the project. This includes estimating testing scope and defining objectives, approach, resources, schedule, risk, deliverables, etc.
- Identifies and report quality risks and issues to work with the Project Manager and team members to resolve.
- Provides oversight and coaching to ensure acceptable levels of software quality for product delivery.
- Provides timely and up-to-date status of projects to the QA Manager, Project Manager and appropriate team members.
- Provides oversight in post-implementation and post-warranty project transition.
- Provides oversight and coaching to QA resources in preparing and documenting high level and detailed estimates related to quality assurance and testing.
- Provides oversight and coaching to quality control processes throughout the software development life cycle.
- Provides recommendations to the QA Manager on resource management, priorities and status of projects assigned to Quality Assurance team.
Other Related Tasks:
- Coaches and mentors Senior QA, QAA and QA Interns.
- Interviews candidates for QA staff and contingent worker positions.
- Other duties as assigned by the QA Manager.
- Knowledge of and ability to teach quality assurance processes software and component testing and development methodologies; particularly with a strong emphasis on quality assurance. Experience working with various development methodologies: waterfall, iterative, Agile.
- Proficient with QA and testing tools (e.g. Rational and HP products), database technology (SQL) and Microsoft Office products as a recognized expert. Excellent knowledge and working experience with test strategies, test planning, writing test cases, test execution and report results.
- Working knowledge in automated testing tools and version control tools.
- Programming experience is a plus. Experience with and the ability to critically review code done in a high level programming language.
- Demonstrate superior analytical, troubleshooting, written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Show attention to detail with a quality focus.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision, a self-starter, self-motivated team player able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in one or more of the following: functional, regression, user acceptance (UAT), browser compatibility, load, and performance testing. Experience testing in virtual environments.
- Design and develop test strategies, test plans, and conduct quality reviews. Ability to design and implement quality standards, track defects and resolve system/environment issues.
- Lead QA teams up to five members on projects. Ability to monitor team member performance on assigned projects. Identify and escalate project risks. Ability to consolidate and report project status on team member activity.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems. However, upon evaluation, equivalent related experience and/or education may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Seven years of formal software testing windows and client server applications. Experience with commercial off the shelf software (COTS) and data validation within a relational database environment preferred.
- 3 years of CRM software testing experience.
Depending upon area of assignment/focus, necessary skills and experience may include one or more of the following:
- Environments: Service-oriented architecture; development and testing on mobile platforms; object relational mapping frameworks; MVC Framework; Visual Studio Test Manager; Java Automation Test Framework.
- Tools: Atlassian Suite (Jira, X-ray, Confluence) and Microsoft Visual Studio; Team Foundation Server; Rational Jazz / CLM( RRC,CCM/TC, RQM); XML Spy; Selenium; HP Load Runner; SOAP UI; SQL Developer; Sybase Central; Hudson.
- Methodologies: AGILE; Iterative; Waterfall; PMBOK.
Preferred Qualifications: (Additional qualifications that may make a person even more effective in the role, but are not required for consideration)
- 2 years testing Salesforce solutions.