Principal QA Engineer (IoT platforms, Embedded Software)
Our client is a leading wireless/telecom OEM developing IoT devices and connectivity solutions. Their wireless hardware and software solutions are recognized as the best in the industry, including embedded IoT technology, standalone IoT devices, and custom applications for many industries.
They are hiring a Principal QA Engineer to act as the top quality assurance team member in the product life cycle. This QA engineer performs test and first-article inspections on firmware, web applications, and devices to identify defects and drive quality improvements.
This Role Offers:
- Tuition reimbursement program and strong mentorship opportunities.
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus. Benefits package includes medical/healthcare, stock options, and company equity.
- Heavy focus on emerging technology.
- Engineer-centric culture with a large budget for equipment and support staff. Product life cycle ownership and a high degree of influence.
- Diversified, adaptable IoT and wireless solutions portfolio.
- History of success in many industries: wireless, telecom, defense, aerospace, IoT, automotive, healthcare, transportation, public safety, large venues, and Fortune 500 enterprises.
- High level of influence and freedom within a hands-on workplace culture.
- Company is profitable and debt-free, expected to double revenue within 5 years.
- Strong footholds in many industries: wireless, mobileoperators, defense, aerospace, connected tech, automotive, public safety, stadiums, and Fortune 500 clients.
- Profitable, debt-free company is expected to double revenue within 5 years.
- High upward mobility as company grows.
- Develop and manage test plans and quality improvement program for IoT firmware, mobile, and web applications.
- Identify and analyze root cause of product failures and maintain documentation of test results.
- Apply statistical analysis principles to collected data.
- Test and inspect products against performance metrics, and submit documentation to management.
- Report defects and improvements to cross-functional product teams, acting as high-level technical resource when necessary.
- Work withengineering and product teams to develop fixes for product defects.
- 6+ years of QA experience for software/firmware products, ideally within the wireless/telecom space.
- Bachelor?s degree (or higher) in electricalengineering or computer science.
- Exposure to IoT platforms/firmware.
- Excellent experience with Agile/Scrum end-to-end development environment.
- Understanding of test and inspection processes, including performance testing, functional automation testing tools, and device testing.
- Proficient in SQL scripting and complex software architecture.
- Strong skills in:
- Documentation of test results
- Workflow and issue-tracking using a major platform (e.g. JIRA, Trello, or Asana)
- Continuous integration principles