Nasuni is expanding our Platform development team and looking for a Principal Python Software Engineer. This team is responsible developing and maintaining the Core Operating System and Python Services of the Nasuni Cloud File Server Edge Appliance.
We’re looking for Software Engineers passionate about learning and pushing cloud technology to the edge and beyond. Offering mentorship and leadership to a strong team of software engineers.
During Covid-19 Nasuni is interviewing and onboarding remotely. This position is based in Boston Seaport or Marlborough MA.
As the Principal Software Engineer, you will...
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, design reviews and other work related to expanding Nasuni's Platform and Operating System.
- Develop and maintain Python libraries and services delivered to customers as part of our NAS appliance
- Debug and fix bugs reported by customers, support, QA and development
- Work with customer support to address any escalations
Required skills and experience we look for are...
- 6+ years of enterprise software development experience using Python
- Fluent in a Linux or CentOS environment
- Linux library distribution, such as RPM or Yum.
- Computer Science degree or similar experience that includes System Design, Design Principals, Code Architecture.
- As a Principal Engineer at Nasuni you should have prior technical team leadership and mentoring experience.
Plus skills include…
- Linux system administration or configuration; System services, Firewall, Iptables
- Networking protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP
- Nasuni's product is a Cloud File Storage Solutions, having File Storage Protocols including NFS, CIFS, SMB is helpful, but if you have not used, our team will help ramp you up.
- Our Cloud-Native Platform connects to enterprise applications and public storage via Software API's. Having prior API creation and utilization is helpful.
- Experience with and contributions to open-source communities is a plus
- PostgreSQL is used as backbone to our system, prior Postgres is helpful.
- Exposure to Cloud Storage backend integration with AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of containerization with Docker and Kubernetes
- Modern source control repositories such as Git
- Other high-level languages including; C++, Golang, Java, or Perl
- Certified Scrum Master