Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems, builds and delivers aviation-related systems to customers around the world. We push the boundaries of innovation, and drive advances in various sciences. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Proposal Analyst based out of Palmdale, CA.
What You’ll get to Do:
Price/Cost Analysis which includes, but are not limited, to the following:
- Supplier price/cost analysis and development of price/cost analysis report (PCAR)
- Provide an independent assessment on the reasonableness of supplier proposed price and cost
- Participate in fact-finding and/or audits with customer and/or US Government agencies including coordinating necessary
- Participate as a member of the supplier fact-finding and negotiation team.
- Research and analyze historical data to develop price/cost recommendation
- Develops, plans and schedules proposals in accordance with Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements that impact the
- cost, labor, schedule or technical elements of the Global Supply Chain (GSC) organization
- Compiles cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications
The Ideal candidate would possess estimating skills such as familiarity with application of the following terms:
- Government Contract Types
- Incentive Fee Geometry –Escalation
- Accounting Calendar
- Period of Performance – Equivalent Person (EP)
- Level of Effort (LoE), Cost Estimating Relationship (CER)
- Parametric Estimate, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Cost Elements
- Theory behind Improvement Curves/ Learning Curves/ Quantity Adjustment Curve
Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards:
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Performs fairly complex tasks and participates in determining objectives of assignment.
- Plan schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel
- on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university and 6+ years of combined experience in Government contracting to
- include price/cost analysis, and/or Business Management experience OR
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university and 4+ year of combined experience in Government contracting to include price/cost analysis, and/or Business Management experience.
- Must have experience working with Proposals.
- An Active DoD Secret or Top Secret security clearance with a background investigation within the last 6 years.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access prior to start.
- Knowledge of the government regulations of FAR and DFARS
- Experience conducting cost analysis and risk modeling
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Experience in Government Contracting.