Positions in this function are involved in the definition, management, and implementation of significant UHCSR Reporting, Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Analytics (DA) focused projects. Positions are business specialists and technology generalists that manage, direct and interface with internal and external business clients. Works closely with DBA Manager and Reporting Analysts to align technology solutions with business strategies that address Sales, Regulatory / Compliance and Internal reporting needs. Proactively manages daily work activities identifying opportunities for improvement, triages support tickets, allocates resources appropriately to balance short-term needs with long-term initiatives. Monitors and measures overall Team performance to increase operational efficiency and throughput.
General Job Scope:
- Monitors Daily activities of DBA Team
- Leads UHCSR specific Reporting, BI and DA initiatives
- Managers United Health Group Corporate, Compliance and Sr. Staff projects
- Plans Database Upgrade schedules
- Triages Help Desk tickets
- Helps implement Git for database source code control and promotion process
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Serves as a key resource on complex and / or critical issues
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Performs complex conceptual analyses
- Motivates, mentors and inspires other team members
- Define project scope, deliverables, schedules, budgets and tasks
- Work with client to define project objectives and plans
- Estimate duration and resource requirements
- Identify project risks
- Identify project ROI
- Identify and document areas for improvement through either system functionality or process re-engineering
- Develop, document and present solutions for business' reporting needs
- Conduct project kickoff, steering committee, team meetings, brainstorming sessions, and other project meeting facilitation
- Track / manage projects using CA Agile (Rally) from initiation to successful completion.
- Provides explanations and information to others on the most complex issues
- Communicates project issues, problems, and changes
- Successfully identify risk factors, develop risk mitigation strategies, and manage and mitigate risks
- Lead projects to overall success.
- Manage the system implementation.
- Collaborate with the client to create standards and processes based on client-specific business needs.
- Prepare project documentation.
- Track system problems and enhancements.
- Work with technical team members to liaise between clients, technology, and vendors when troubleshooting problems.
- Serve as a focal point for all communication between the client, the project team, and other management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments as required.
- Set and manage expectations.
- Ensure all meetings are productive and documented.
- Ensure systems comply with audit and compliance requirements.
- Develop roadmaps for the replacement of DataStage ETL and Cognos reporting tools
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of experience leading projects with cross-functional staff with high integration across multiple lines of business.
- Experience managing projects using either an agile software development methodology or a structured project management methodology, delivering projects on time and on budget.
- 5+ years of experience managing software development projects.
- Experience in managing small, mid and large-scale projects.
- Experience with Reporting, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics projects.
- 2+ years health insurance industry experience
- Formal project management training
- Proven track record of increasing demonstrated responsibility and success
- Advanced computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tool suite.
- Demonstrated ability to use CA Agile (Rally) as a project planning tool.
- Experience with Tableau and other Reporting packages.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Extremely detail oriented, with strong organizational, prioritization and analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with competing priorities across multiple projects.
- Strong leadership abilities to lead project teams to accomplish project goals.
- Excellent Time Management skills, ability to work autonomously, high level of initiative, demonstrated ability to rapidly assimilate and work with technical concepts, and expertise in solving complex problems in innovative ways.