At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
PrincipalProject Manager, Risk Capital and Analytics
Principal Associate, Project Manager, Risk Capital and Analytics
As a Project Manager at Capital One, you can achieve results you never thought possible by leading critical and strategic business projects. In this exciting role you will work closely with key stakeholders to deliver results that will have direct impact on the bottom line of the company. You will work with smart, talented people who will challenge you to excel. You will be rewarded for your passion and your achievements.
This role is a Principal Associate, Project Manager role within Capital One’s Global Finance group supporting the Program Management Office for Stress Testing. This team leads cross-functional projects engaging Capital One Line of Businesses (LOB) and Finance groups, manages regulatory remediation and exams, audits, and ensures adherence to regulatory guidance. Experience with Capital One’s LOBs, Finance, Risk, or Compliance teams, in addition to project management skills, is a plus.
- Exhibit a proven track record of project management and portfolio governance, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place across cross-functional teams
- Engage with workstream leads, enterprise wide, on large- and small-scale projects that have a direct impact on the company
- Forge relationships with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Interpret regulatory requirements to ensure deliverables meet expectations
- Partner with project customers to provide tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Leverage problem solving skills to resolve and escalate issues to ensure project plans deliver on time and maintain key project documentation
- Identify ways to improve and streamline deliverables and business processes through innovative thinking and strong understanding of trade-offs and process steps
- Develop and maintain documentation repositories including templates and file structures to facilitate file sharing
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
- Demonstrate organizational agility to adapt to changing demands
- Display strong consulting and collaboration skills
- Manage multiple priorities with attention to details
- Drive results and work independently with minimal oversight
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 Years of Project Managementexperience
- Masters / MBA degree
- At least 7 years of Project Managementexperience
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- Technical or Business writing experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills