$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Leads efforts in creating and maintaining Plant Engineering (PE) products in support of deliverables for the EPRI Nuclear Sector. Will be responsible for management of 3-4 technical leaders preparing R&D products and member interfaces to support nuclear power plants. Support of ongoing research includes but is not limited to: component aging and mitigation (electric cables, transformers, switchyard maintenance, breakers, and electric relays), system reliability (offsite power, emergency power, single point vulnerabilities), and other engineering and operational support areas (procurement engineering, seismic qualification, workforce and skills development) supporting the Equipment Reliability (ER) processes.
Leads research efforts in particular scientific disciplines or technologies in relation to multiple complex projects or small program(s). Manages the development and application of products and services in those areas through contractors and departmental or cross-functional teams. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results. Plans and directs schedules and monitors budget/spending. Organizes the external and interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget. May conduct research directly in complex, high impact technical or scientific fields.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge to industry issues and gain input on needs from members/stakeholders and identify current and emerging technical issues.
• Provides to EPRI customers and develops research or services opportunities of value to them that fit EPRI's mission and capabilities. This will include solving customer problems, producing insights and information vital to the members, and delivering information in a manner that members and customers can and will apply.
• Identifies the most qualified internal and contractor team to complete the work. Selects contractors, frames statements of work.
• Responsible for directing the work of a team of contractors or EPRI staff to assure technical and financial milestones are met.
• Responsible for employee selection, performance management, and development planning.
• Provides assistance to the EPRI sales staff in Member Services and EPRI International.
• Lead national and international technical networks with manufacturers, consultants, academia, and research organizations.
• Communicates strategies and results, written and verbal, to program members, potential members and external stakeholders through guidelines, reports, meetings, webcasts, workshops and conferences.
• Manages more complex individual or multiple projects including budgets and resources. Responsible for securing external funding or leveraging EPRI funding.
Education and Years of Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
• 10 – 15 or more years of electrical engineering experience, including development of advanced concepts for internal research or equivalent experience.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Proven people management experience.
• Creates scope, develops and manages one or more complex projects including promoting concepts with members
• Requires little supervision
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Responsible for project(s) budget, deliverables, and project success
• Experience with reporting on project results to members and advisors
• Senior Reactor Operator License or Certification is desired
The Ideal Candidate
• Experience with electrical power systems and ER Processes (AP-913) is preferred.
• Experience managing mixed development teams of contractors and full-time employees.
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Valid Through: 2019-10-9