Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The Principal Project Manager will manage multiple projects of varying sizes from original concept through final implementation, managing stakeholder relationships throughout. Reporting to the VP of Change Management, the Principal Project Manager will work directly with Sales, Processing, Underwriting, Closing, Funding, Post Closing, Compliance, Legal, Credit Risk departments as well as other lines of business within the mortgage originations space.
The Project Manager is accountable for assembling the project team, assigning and managing individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed and developing project plan and timeline to ensure timely completion of the project. He or She will proactively evaluate the current process, system, policies, procedures, testing, and other items related to the project. Identify risks and issues that could challenge project delivery or quality and will ensure those risks and issues are either mitigated or resolved.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Accountability to drive projects to success as defined by the project executive sponsor and key stakeholders.
- Work effectively with lines of business, from end users to senior management
- Define project scope, identify business case, obtain initial IT estimates, present to senior Mgmt. for approval with cost benefit analysis.
- Assembling project team, assigning & tracking individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed and developing the project plan and schedule to ensure timely completion of the project with acceptable project outcomes
- Managing the triple constraint to ensure timely completion of the project - On time, within budget while maintaining scope
- Manages multiple projects of varying size, as assigned; manages dependencies between projects whether owned by candidate or managed by another PM
- Communicates with key executive sponsors and stakeholders on issues that impact scope, budget, or time related to the projects managed.
- Manages the prioritization and change management processes while providing valuable problem solving skills to identifying ways to resolve issues to keep the project on track
- Proactively identifies and plans for ways to overcome project risks that jeopardize successful project delivery
- Escalates, as necessary, project issues, risks and decisions
- Provides project leadership and fosters a collaborative work environment where project team members feel that they have a voice
- Completion of all project documentation; Charter, CBA, Project Plans, etc.
- Documents and receives sponsor and-or key stakeholder approval for key documents and quality gates
- Identifies measurable success; Drives post project success follow-ups, including FLOD testing results, and other measurable results.
- Contributes to continuous improvement and evolution of project methods and processes to address emergent requirements
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred. We will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job
- PMP certification or equivalent preferred
- At least 3 years of Project and resource management experience.
- At least 3 years of Mortgage industry experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Suite of Products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio, Project
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strategic, conceptual and analytical thinking and decision making skills
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.