We are seeking a Principal Project Manager to be accountable for one or more large, diverse and complex projects in the areas of information technology, clinical informatics, physician practice implementations, quality improvement, strategic objectives and goals. Manages all aspects of projects with direct accountability to the ministry / hospital / clinic staff / project leadership and / or Executive Sponsor. The Principal Project Manager will support IS intake and governance teams as well as IS groups required to deploy IS services as defined.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develops projects within a program in alignment with the organization’s strategic plans and objectives.
- Builds support to influence decisions in order to ensure work toward common objectives.
- Manage client expectations from initial problem identification and through the project lifecycle.
- Develop and gain sponsor approval and signoff of the project charter / scope and / or work breakdown schedule.
- Manage projects and programs with increased complexity, strategic priority and/or visibility, system and/or regional priority.
- Engage and organize the assignment of activities of multi-functional teams, as well as the project estimates, task dependencies and schedule.
- Develops root cause analyses and process improvement plans.
- Identifies, delivers and documents organizational, application and human workflows that contribute to policy and procedure updates throughout each project.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree Information Technology, project management, healthcare admin or clinical field or equivalent educ/experience
- 7 years Project management experience in healthcare, information services, or other relevant industry or operations leading large, diverse and complex projects.
- 7 years of expertise/application of Project Management methodology based on project management principles.
- 7 years of experience incorporating process improvement methodologies into large scale projects.
- 7 years of experience facilitating complex decision making among multiple executive stakeholders with different interests and priorities
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s Degree Information Technology, project management, healthcare admin or clinical field
- Project management