Principal Project Manager - Enterprise Projects - (203303)
At Exelon, we've got a place for you! Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward- thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Fills a Project Manager role on the Enterprise Projects Team. The Enterprise Projects Team is responsible for managing and delivering medium and large scale IT application projects that impact the Exelon Enterprise. Projects are complex and often on tight delivery schedules. The projects often involve managing across multiple business stakeholders, vendors, and other IT project teams. The Project Manager role will involve managing a large scale project, a component piece of a large scale project, or a medium scale project. This role requires demonstrated project management skills and experience. Some travel likely required.
The position plans and manages resources, finances, scope and services within a functional area of Information Technology to deliver business results. Provide IT products, services and solutions on time, within budget and with the required functionality. Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with clients. Participate in developing and implementing strategy/policy. Manage large- scale projects and programs of high complexity, size and change management risk.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead and manage IT staff and resources in accordance with IT Business Plan. For projects: Plan and manage scope, schedule, and budget for defined deliverables in accordance with IT project management standards and in accordance with service level agreements at agreed upon budgets
- Lead and manage all aspects of IT projects and associated system integrators to deliver projects of medium to high complexity. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor project progress, and maintain proper oversight for issue resolution and escalation
- Work with business partners on business case development and pre- project assessments for approval of IT projects
- Prepare reports and presentations for upper management regarding project
- Operate utilizing standard processes as defined within the Management Model. Oversee process improvement efforts and ensure adoption of standard processes and procedures that deliver sustainable top quartile cost and performance levels
- Ability to define system and business change management for a project
- Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with business and IT partners Communicate status to key stakeholders, including an executive audience, on a regular basis
- Maintain current business knowledge/acumen, including application of technology solutions to deliver business results
- Evaluate performance and provide coaching for IT personnel. Participate in career development and succession planning processes. Promote diversity and foster teamwork, collaboration, and a learning organization. Provide input on development and retention processes for IT employees
- Prepare and manage budget for area of responsibility
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline and typically 8 to 10 years’ experience in management of large scale projects or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Appropriate technical skills
- Familiarity with major ERP systems (PeopleSoft, EPM, Asset Suite/PassPort, SAP)
- Familiarity with SOA (service oriented architecture) or Cloud technology
- Familiarity with Oracle SQL
- Microsoft Office applications, including intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Microsoft Project or other project scheduling software
- PMP certification preferred for specific roles as per guidelines established by the IT Project Management Office
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.