$100K — $150K *
SAIC is currently looking to hire a Principal Project Engineer to our team in San Diego, CA (able to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19).
Candidate will provide engineering and documentation support for an Engineering Team at a customer location. Efforts will be focused towards integration of Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) electronics for military C4I systems.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
• Leading multi-disciplinary technical teams of 1-5 people including mechanical, electrical, systems, and network engineers and drafters.
• Coordination between multiple technical and programmatic stakeholders to drive technical deliveries within scope and schedule for designs, technical data packages (TDP’s), and engineering developmental models (EDM’s).
• Identifying, documenting, and verifying system requirements with attention to shipboard, submarine, shore, and aircraft platform requirements.
• Guiding development, reviewing, and approving of designs and documentation for electronic equipment cabinets, equipment mounting kits, and equipment subassemblies.
• Reviewing and approving detailed drawings and designs including detailed parts for manufacturing and integration.
• Reviewing and approving detailed cable fabrication drawings, interconnect diagrams, and assembly work instructions.
• Overseeing fit-check and quality assurance (QA) on prototype metal assemblies and supporting first article integration activities.
• Enforcing configuration management (CM) of engineering drawings and TDP elements including validation, review, approval, and incorporation of engineering change notices (ECN’s).
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Systems, Mechanical, Hardware Engineering or similar STEM field and 9 years of experience OR Masters Degree in Systems, Mechanical, Hardware Engineering or similar STEM field 7 years or more experience OR PhD in related field and 4 years experience.
• At least 1 year experience leading a team up to 5 people
• An Interim DoD Secret Clearance required, with the ability to obtain a final Secret Clearance.
• Working knowledge of ASME Drawing Requirements Manual (DRM) including ASME Y14.5, MIL-STD-31000, or other industry documentation standards.
• Candidate must be able to understand scope of work and lead technical teams to completion within established schedules.
• Candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a team environment to provide technical guidance and team leadership.
• Strong technical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are a must.
• Candidate must be able to accept directions and constructive criticism and also be able to professionally deliver direction and critiques.
• Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Minimum of 1 year cumulative experience in the design and fabrication of electronic enclosures and rack mount equipment.
• Experience in the development of systems hosted within EIA/ECA-310 racks desired.
• Familiarity with military environmental test standards including Navy shipboard shock, vibration, electromagnetic compatibility, power utilization, and COTS hardening desired.
• Experience with Solidworks software for review of 3D models and associated drawings.
• Experience with AutoCAD software for review of 2D models and associated drawings.
Valid through: 10/21/2020