Collins Aerospace is looking to add a Principal Project Engineer - Power and Thermal Management Systems (PTMS) to our team in Windsor Locks, CT. The PTMSPrincipal Project Lead will be responsible for developing technologies involving fuel system development including high temperature fuel operation, air cycle component integration, heat management and power generation. Drives strategic planning to optimize performance for medium and/or complex programs, develops mid-size project plans, schedules, and budgets, selects materials, and confers with internal and external stakeholders regarding engineering projects. Identifies and reacts to project problems and leads solutions. Reviews and presents plans and progress reports.
- Develops project plans, schedules, and budgets for advanced development programs, and recommends appropriate adjustments to ensure adherence to the overall program goals and milestones.
- Leads integrated product development team (IPT) in the execution of project tasks including organization of meeting minutes, action items and owners and status reports
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the projects across various functional disciplines.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Acquires and/or establishes system or component level requirements for the projects.
- Manages to project budget using earned value management practices.
- Identifies and reacts to project issues and leads solutions, such as reallocating resources or changing requirements, and assists in resolution development for escalated problems.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals including basis-of-estimates, data rights assertions and technical details.
- Generates technology development plans and drives progress through technology readiness levels.
- Must be able to commit to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution with a minimum of 10 years combined experience with aerospace, controls/actuation, air management systems, and/or project management. OR Master’s Degree in engineering with a minimum of 7 years combined experience with aerospace, controls/actuation, air management systems, and/or project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Aerospace or Defense Industry experience.
- Background in fuel system development experience/ hydro-mechanical controls, air management systems, or thermal management system experience.
- Conceptual design and preliminary design experience.
- Strong project engineering or management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree in engineering is preferred.
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to a U.S. Person. At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Job ID 01299824