Careers that Change Lives
A Day in the Life
The Principal Project Engineer, Operations Commercialization Engineering (OCE) is a key representative and connection point between Operations (Mfg., Sourcing, Engineering, & Supply Chain) and the New Product Development (NPD) project team to drive alignment between Surgical Innovations Operations Strategies and Global NPD Programs. This role will support the portfolio of Surgical Innovations projects being led by the R&D centers in North Haven, Shanghai, Woburn, and Trevoux.
Team is focused on creating innovative analytic solutions & data visualization to influence and drive sound business decisions related to product life-cycle management, manufacturing strategy, and extended value stream capacity planning. We aim to achieve world class product introduction & commercialization processes that optimize strategic manufacturing capabilities for 10-15 new product per year while supporting the overall project pipeline of approximately 70 projects at any given time.
1. Act as key liaison between Operations, new product development, and commercial teams.
2. Partner with Sourcing, Supply Chain, Engineering & Mfg. teams to develop production build plans to achieve Time to Market (TTM) and Time to Ramp (TTR) targets
a. Maintain global awareness of manufacturing strategies & capabilities and provide insights into technology specialties across the global manufacturing sites to project core teams.
5. Identification and leadership of business process improvement projects related to New Product Introduction & Commercialization
c. Ability to manage multiple initiatives and set priorities for team
8. Candidate must have the ability to work independently and be able to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization.
- B.S. in Engineering, or other technical field.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. preferably with high volume products in a highly regulated industry
- Experience with and high level of understanding of stage-gate driven New Product Development, Introduction, and Commercialization
- Highly computer literate, proficient with MS Excel and MS Project
- High financial acumen & analytic skills (Industrial Eng. skills / background a plus)
- Diverse background with prior experience in multiple disciplines a plus (Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Logistics, etc.)
- Project and Change Management
- Demonstrated track record of managing large scope cross functional projects in a collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated understanding and application of financial planning and analysis.- Trained/Certified in Lean and/or 6 Sigma
- Value stream mapping experiencepreferred
Self-directed with the ability to develop, facilitate and gain consensus in a team environment.
Effective communication skills with superiors, subordinates, and contractors.
Ability to adapt to evolving projects requirements.
Problem solving skills, (both technical & business process)
Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and integrity when making decisions.
Schedule Flexibility to participate in conference calls with teams in Europe & Asia.
Domestic & International travelrequired. (10% - 25%)