This is a new role within the IT Planning and Governance team, which will serve as a key leader on project management methodology that cuts across Information Technology at JCPenney. This role will work with IT leadership (Vice Presidents, Directors), Project Managers and Business Leaders to develop, maintain and govern project and program management methodology, templates, and standards of use.
- Establish and implement program/project management best practices across Information Technology.
- Develop, maintain, and govern project and program management methodology, templates, and standards for use.
- Establish KPIs/metrics and dashboards to measure project and program performance.
- Develop, maintain, and govern the people resource management methodology to align with project management disciplines.
- Publish monthly executive summary of key IT programs and people resources.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to project managers; develop and conduct training for Project Managers.
- Develop and manage a Project Management “community” to drive sharing of information, collaboration, and continuity of PM work across IT.
- Partner with IT Application Development teams and provide ongoing requirements and governance for Project Management tools and reporting.
- Responsible for adoption of PM methodology and practices by Project and Program Managers.
- Support IT leaders in translating business strategies and roadmaps into technology delivery plans and budgets.
- Define and implement best practices for estimating project and program total cost of ownership.
- Serve as escalation point for project managers regarding program/project management methodology.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree, or 10-15years’ work experience, is required.
- Highly motivated and self-directing individuals who have prior experience in large, complex project environments
- Experience managing release cycles or programs involving multiple projects managers and cross-functional development/testing teams.
- Program/Project Managementexperience in software development required. Previous experience managing project in an ecommerce or retail environment would be of high-value but not required.
- Experience managing various software development methodologies and principles (Agile, Iterative, Waterfall) required.
- Excellent ability to communicate (written and verbal) with multiple levels of leadership as well as cross-functional business and technical teams.
- Excellent project management competencies.
- Advanced proficiency with project management tools (e.g. MS Project, Clarity, Oracle, others).
- Creative problem solving, organization, attention to detail, flexibility and adaptability are crucial to the success of this role.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Previous experience in a program governance role a plus.