Job Code: CHQ20202011-53469
Job Title: Principal, Program Management
Job Location: Palm Bay FL
The Principal, Program Management reports directly to the corporate Director, Program Management, and is responsible for driving enterprise program performance and execution excellence. The leader will possess the credibility and programmatic expertise to provide direction on consistent cross enterprise Program Management processes, tools, best practice discipline, technical consulting, the development of enterprise Program Management talent, and training for Program Personnel at all levels. This position is also responsible for promoting PMX community of practice and leading continuous/experiential learning.
This position enables business performance and growth, and facilitates setting the vision, executing on strategic plans, leading change efforts, and focusing and motivating the Program Management community to deliver on expectations / requirements by leveraging Program Management best practices and processes. Partner with segment program management executives to maximize use of PM initiatives and to accelerate deployment.
The successful candidate must be a self-directed thinker with the capability to navigate through complexities and drive closure to complex enterprise programmatic challenges. Must have the ability to work independently and objectively to assess the performance and risk of a wide variety of program types and establish and drive closure to mitigating actions that will ensure long term success of the programs and the business.
- Builds Program Management organizational capability through the identification of the necessary skills and focus areas to foster a successful PM organization, facilitating the acquisition, development, and deployment of talent.
- Identifies and monitors key program metrics, maintains scorecard database, generates scorecard metrics, and communicates trends. Escalates issues to senior leadership.
- Accountable for routine and ad-hoc content creation for senior leadership review, often done in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Oversees the development of critical Incident, Problem, and Change Practice processes and controls to ensure quality is maintained to meet business and infrastructure objectives.
- Directs the evaluation of root cause analysis, systemic corrective actions, and process control monitoring; implements preventive corrective action or mitigation programs; incorporates lessons learned into future plans.
- Ensures common risk management tools, training, and monitoring of risk registers.
- Participates in surge team projects and performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Program Management.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and solutions to ensure application of best practices across the corporation.
- Chairs reviews to drive rigor and consistency to ensure compliance with enterprise standards as well as support the Program Management Council and development activities.
- Oversees and ensures the accuracy of Programmatic Reportable metrics.
- Lead and support enterprise tools initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior related experience in the aerospace and defense industry.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience operating in a program management capacity.
- Strong experience in managing cost, schedule, and technical performance requirements of the program through development and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with the implementation and execution using Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and employment of applicable metrics.
- Knowledge of / experience with corporate reporting and oversight processes, including Program Reviews and other Program Management requirements.
- Experience in organizations and situations requiring a combination of strategic vision, practical project management, and execution skills.
- Program Management experience, including Profit and Loss. General management knowledge of complex efforts with development, production, and sustainment aspects.
- Exceptional ability to co-create and work collectively with functional and programmatic leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Provide leadership to translate strategic priorities into actionable game plans and ensure the right resources are in place, considering both capability and capacity; drive execution, ensure the right KPIs are in the place to support the measurement of impacts.
- Strong knowledge and skills with the ability to apply recognized Project Management and Risk Management methodologies.
- Objective thinker, problem solver with ability to execute challenging tasks to completion. Possesses quality values and work ethic.
- Communicate in a thorough, clear, and timely manner which supports information sharing and goal achievement.
- Significant experience with and mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to translate program performance into scorecards.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Lean Six Sigma process improvement methodology.