In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a program strategy to enable the use of our new AWS Learning Platform that is running on AWS. Your role will be to lead the definition of our Learning Platform program execution plans and work closely with our engineering teams to support the launch of new capabilities. You will also work closely with our AWS Learning Platform product management, business development, sales, marketing and partner teams, to enable delivery across a broad set of customers. You will support delivery for new and established yet very fast moving customers eager to adopt the AWS Learning Platform for their mission critical learning management applications within a very short time frame. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and program challenges to unlock our ability to serve customers.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At Amazon Web Services, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Engage deeply with engineering teams to plan for scale. Solving problems at scale is what makes our teams unique. You will dive deep with our product engineering teams to define our Learning Platform program plans and listen to customers to enable rapid innovation.
Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for managing a complex set of priorities for a diverse and challenging set of customers whether they are large or small. You will showcase your experience communicating and gaining business agreements across internal and external organizations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Demonstrate customer obsession and excellent expectation management abilities.
· Develop an in-depth understanding of AWS’s products, business models, architecture and financial operations.
· Support critical relationships with internal and external business partners.
· Drive multiple complex to large programs simultaneously from initiation through delivery.
· Ensure strong business case development for all project requests including calculation of return on investment (ROI), assessment of customer value or impact and criteria for measuring project success.
· Drive continuous process improvement by collaborating with stakeholders on design of new solutions that enhance business performance and achieve established goals.
· Ensure consistent and efficient execution of all functions across our Learning Platform team by working closely with internal business partners and stakeholders to drive adoption and implementation of global standards, processes and programs.
· Collaborate with other PMs on team and across AWS and Amazon to identify and implement best practices.
· 12+ years of Program/project managementexperience in a mid-size or large company with a proven track record of successful delivery.
· 8+ years of experience working with software development teams practicing Agile or Kanban.
· Bachelor's or a Master’s Degree or the equivalent required.
· Proven record of innovation and thought leadership through successfully delivered program results.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey project status and issues to multiple levels of the organization with the appropriate level of detail and crystal clear clarity.
· Possess solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate with cross functional teams.
· Ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
· Ability to effectively prioritize competing demands.
· Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of business customers and drive resolution when conflicts or issues arise.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate conceptual requirements from business owners into detailed business and functional requirements with an emphasis toward scalable and efficient global solutions
· Experience using Six Sigma, Lean or other process improvement methodology to streamline business processes
· Business degree: MBA or equivalent experience highly desired.
Job ID: 604780