- Develop strategy and execution plan to extend BA capabilities to new customer/markets (includes adjacencies and cross-business synergy opportunities) using strategic, business, and financial metrics as a guide;
- Develop capture plan and strategy to highest probability of win in new customer/market
- Lead capture team to develop win strategy, business case and technology development strategy to close on highest probability new customer/market
- May execute new program adjacency as program manager (as applicable); owning the profit and loss
Like all roles in the Business Area, the Program Manager is accountable to the Business Area and Harris Corporation for the financial performance of the business area; achievement of our strategic and business goals; and performance of our solutions for current and prospective customers.
- Understand and drive strategic and portfolio priorities of the business area lead
- Develop and iteratively improve a cohesive, long-term Business Area (BA) growth strategy to enter new customer/markets, including market/customer needs evaluation, technology development, differentiated solutions, customer relationships, and organizational alignment. Business Area strategy shall unify disparate technologies and programs as necessary to maintain Harris lead in desired markets.
- Review and synthesize secondary research and/or conduct primary research to analyze changing market/industry dynamics, trends and solution gaps to help build a fact base to support business case and go-to-market strategy for new customer/markets. Evaluate Harris addressability within desired target markets.
- Establish and maintain a portfolio management approach to the Business Area and its investments. In coordination with the Program Managers and enterprise leads, create a plan of action to achieve short-term and long-term Business Area goals, like specific opportunity capture, organizational adjustments, technology development, and capital plan execution.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards and regard for the Harris Code of Conduct
- Make informed, logical recommendations to the business area lead and other leaders, such as finance, engineering, and business development to maximize BA/BU performance.
- Collaborate with the Program Managers and enterprise leads to understand their needs; work to ensure their success.
- Direct and supervise Business Area personnel as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 12 years of prior relevant experience; or equivalent
- Familiarity with the National Geospatial Agency, Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, and International customers
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance or ability to obtain TS/SCI Clearance
- MBA or Engineering degree
- Familiarity with geospatial data and analytics
- Strong business acumen, collaborative ability, and written communication skills
- Ability to think abstractly and analytically to provide in-depth analysis and recommendations to internal customers, teammates, and external constituencies
- Proven proficiency to prioritize tasks and organize a workload to ensure most important issues are addressed first
- Competency making decisions with imperfect and incomplete information
- High level of integrity
- Practical use of applied statistics
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Can interpret, condense, and present findings to audiences with variable skill sets and experience levels
Job ID: SIS20181312-29239