The Principal Program Manager must understand and manage complex interdependencies amongst multiple technical, functional, and operational objectives across the portfolio. In addition, must leverage experienced judgment and creativity to implement and drive a highly efficient program governance and reporting structure, leading enterprise demand management, prioritization, capacity evaluation and roadmap for the portfolio.
We are looking for an action oriented, creative, seasoned Program Manager, well-versed in multiple project management methodologies, particularly in combining differing methodologies into a holistic program governance and execution framework that is efficient and metrics-driven.
- Accountable for end-to-end program delivery with a laser focus on delivering business value on-time with high quality. Govern portfolio through close collaboration with team members and stakeholders; Manage program demand, prioritization, roadmap, and change. Ensure objectives are well understood, resourced appropriately, and executed successfully across multiple teams and functions.
- Proactively manage changes in program scope, identify risks, issues and contingency plans
- Efficiently deliver program content, dashboards, and communicate status on a regular basis with team members and stakeholders throughout all levels of the organization.
- Recognize and manage technical, functional, operational, and scheduling risks, understand product and organizational capabilities; Flag and mitigate issues before they impact the program; Correctly represent the urgency of issues and escalate issues appropriately.
- Adapt and evolve to the needs of different teams and functions throughout the program lifecycle.
- Act as a conduit of information between engineering and other functional groups and stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) to ensure that decisions and status are understood.
- Negotiate and build consensus amongst teams and functions.
- Develop relationships, promote awareness, and educate program members on adherence/support of the overall program governance framework.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 8+ years of directly related experience
- Experience managing a portfolio of concurrent projects, as well as larger programs with complex inter-dependencies and transformational objectives.
- Results-oriented with a focus on delivering value; the ability to respond to multiple priorities, retain flexibility, and pivot quickly when necessary.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively work across multiple business units and all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Lean/Agile project management methodologies and techniques, and their application in business and technical environments.
- Understanding of big data / analytics technologies and methodologies greatly preferred; sufficient to plan, communicate, and consult effectively with project team and stakeholders.
- Experience/background in one or more applicable data domains - including real property, banking/mortgage, credit, commercial, insurance - greatly preferred
- Seasoned interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration with diverse cross-functional teams, through all levels of the company
- Sharp, creative, and analytical problem-solving skills.