This Small Appliances Team Principal Program Engineer Platform position is an integral role in growth of the small appliance product line. It is key to maintain the stylish and reliable countertop appliances with superior performance for GE Appliances, a Haier Company. The position will closely interact with sourced suppliers along with the GEA sourcing, quality, and commercial teams to understand all consumer cues to design and produce new and innovative products that lead the market. The use of skilled engineering analysis and judgment with a strong desire to exceed customer expectations in every way is paramount to position success.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Influence the next development of the next derivative models for rapid deployment of expansion of the product lines.
- Lead the updates on the established products as needed for supplier changes and product updates in the field.
- Work hand in hand with the quality team to make changes to improve the customer experience.
- Help the suppliers recognize Material cost take out opportunities in the out years of the established product line.
- Drive GEA program deliverables through supplier manufacturing organization, leading supplier discussions and the product development relationship to ensure the product meets all requirements laid out in the product technical specification.
- Identify, elevate and/or mitigate program risk items to product performance, cost and quality, program cost, factory readiness, regulatory or commercial requirements, which could impact program delivery.
- Lead business communication during program reviews or other requested program interactions.
- Following the change control process lead the suppliers to develop and execute program schedules which incorporate:
- Design and development activities
- Developmental build timing
- Evaluation cycles
- Certification and regulatory requirements
- Factory integration and ramp up
- Distribution timing
- Commercial and customer requirements
- Assist in the generation of Product Technical Specifications
- Manage within the Investment and Expense budget for a given project.
- Lead manufacturers to root cause & develop corrective actions for product improvements.
- Assist in scoping exercises for upcoming new products, as needed.
- Evaluate competitive products through teardowns, testing, and analysis of competitive landscapes.
- Pursue continuous learning opportunities to improve Program Management skillset.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in New Product development & Product Cost Takeout projects
- 5 years’ experience in applying Emerging technologies to new or existing small appliance design.
- Proven ability in developing Intellectual Property and filing patents
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global environment.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule and manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Advanced computer skills - high proficiency in Microsoft products and ability to grasp new systems quickly.
- Strong project management and analytical/problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to scope and analyze cross-functional problems to generate/implement solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing requirements during the development process.
- Ability to travel internationally (10% or less)
- MS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with 3rd party agencies and certification, such as UL
- Working knowledge of LEAN principles
- Experience in ice/water; cooking
- EEDP Graduate