As Product Owner, you will responsible for managing the Energy Web Services and next gen Energy Data Services products in the North America Energy Content and Delivery product portfolio. This position will support driving profitable revenue growth of data product(s) through extensive understanding of market needs and requirements to solve customer problems. This position interfaces with existing and potential clients, market leaders, sales, product development, product marketing and customer care to develop and deliver innovative solutions for the market. The role supports the Product Manager providing strategic input into the product lifecycle and will assist setting the product strategy, vision, and technology roadmaps. This position requires thorough understanding and experience in the Upstream Energy industry specific to the domain supported by the product. The ideal Product Owner also has experience in the development, management and/or support of APIs, ETL, web services, and/or Oil & Gas Software
General Job Duties:
- Supports creation of the product vision and resulting development strategy
- Manages product lifecycle from inception through retirement
- Responsible for documenting market requirements to support customer workflow problems
- Assists with development of product roadmaps and prioritizing enhancements to existing products
- Mentors customer-facing staff development and training on product technology and sales information
- Works with Product Marketing and Commercialization to create effective customer value propositions that result in customer adoption of new products or enhancements to existing products
Specific Job Duties
- Subject Matter Expert on Energy Web Services and Energy Data Services providing the market requirements for our data delivery services and supporting applications.
- Interacts with members of product management, product development, sales, customer care support, and directly with customers to provide and resolve any issues that may arise
- Coordinates with other Energy product teams to exploit synergies and opportunities to sharetechnologies and/or integration of products including integration of web services/Direct Connect.
- Participates in customer focus / advisory and or user groups
- Minimum 10 years experience in a software development / product support role.
- Experience and understanding of SOAP and REST web services.
- BachelorDegree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, CIS or equivalent.
- Experience with E&P content, specifically PIDM or PPDM
- Experience in software Product Management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a product team and foster team cooperation
- Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to articulate technology and product positioning to both a business and technical audience
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to influence others
- Strong written and verbal communications with a strong aptitude for presenting thoughts and ideas to all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience and familiarity of IHSM products and line of business beneficial
- Proficient SQL and databaseexperience
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools beneficial
- Familiarity with spatial data and tools beneficial
- Sales and business development experience with oil and gas data products beneficial.