Principal Product Marketing Manager - Concourse and RabbitMQ
San Francisco, CA, United States or Toronto, ON, Canada or London, UK
Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
Through the production of relevant, novel, and credible content, Product Marketing tells the Pivotal story to the world.
This position requires a solid technical understanding of distributed computing, open source software, continuous integration/delivery practices, and messaging technologies. You would be responsible for helping to craft the narrative of Pivotal by driving the go-to-market program for Pivotal’s commercial offerings based on RabbitMQ and Concourse. Our story is complex and evolving, so telling it effectively requires someone who loves to learn and is always observing what is happening around them.
- Content and campaigns to educate the market, inform our partners, and publicize customer successes. This may involve creating case studies, blog posts, webinars, conference presentations, infographics, and more.
- Content that helps our customers understand the open source projects and products offered by Pivotal, including White papers, presentations, battle cards, blogs, videos, demos. We’ve got a terrific, growing ecosystem of services around Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and are always working to make it easier to understand.
- Content that helps our sales teams explain the value proposition of our commercial offerings, including competitive analysis, ROI tools, and product training. We’ve got a really high performing sales organization and we’re always trying to make them better.
- Partner/customer briefings: We delivered over 100 briefings to Fortune 2000 customers in our SF offices last quarter alone! Everyone is on deck to talk to customers and you would be too.
- Feedback: This is a fast moving product and a fast-moving market. Feedback to product R&D is really welcomed.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, with at least 2 years in enterprise software technical marketing, product marketing, product management, pre-sales, or first-hand experience as a customer of cloud computing enterprise software.
- Experience with distributed computing, enterprise middleware, and consulting services.
- You must really enjoy technology generally and deeply understand and communicate why Cloud Foundry is so awesome.
- Master of written and oral communications
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.