Amazon is seeking a dynamic product leader for our rental and purchase category of Amazon Video (Transactional Video on Demand TVOD). In this role, you will be the product owner responsible for launching any new product capabilities or propositions for the TVOD product category, working closely with the Amazon Channels product team to ensure a coherent customer experience for end users. As a Principal Product Manager for the Amazon Video team you will help define and build the product roadmap for the Amazon Video TVOD customer experience. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional you will work closely with engineering, project management, design, operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, content acquisition, operations, and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our customer experience. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
In this role you will:
· Develop a deep understanding of the Amazon Video customer, both existing and potential.
· Develop a thorough understanding of the digital video market segments, and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends.
· Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video customer experience.
· Own the development of detailed product requirements documents.
· Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management teams to deliver on the product roadmap.
· Drive projects, products, and feature launches with other teams both inside and outside of the Amazon Instant Video team including: business development, content acquisition, legal, marketing, finance, customer service, and operations.
· 6-8years of experience operating, managing, and delivering results in a consumer facing online retail/services product management role.
· Proven success in delivering online products and services in a high growth environment.
· Demonstrated strength in building trust and driving alignment across a diverse, matrixed set of stakeholders.
· Experience working in an inter-disciplinary design and product development team.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Exceptional passion for delivering world-class customer experiences.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
· Demonstrated ability to turn customer needs and pain points into innovative products.
· Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
· Proven ability to work independently to drive projects to completion.
· MBA Preferred.
Job ID: 618507