We are looking for a Principal Product Manager - Technical to drive the vision, architecture, and delivery of an enterprise Serverless Compute platform that will enable developers across all Amazon Consumer (retail and digital) businesses to build and operate software solutions for delivering value to our customers.
Amazon has seen significant growth in its various businesses in the last few years with corresponding growth in the total developer population. To be able to sustain this growth and due to limited availability of developer talent in the market, there is a need now more than ever to bend the software development cost curve and make developers more productive and efficient at Amazon. Distributed Computing Services (DCS) is part of eCommerce Foundation group, and builds and operates innovative Compute and Business Process Orchestration solutions that empower Amazon's Engineers to build and operate their business solutions that are secure, available, productive, and cost efficient. Our foundational platforms run thousands of critical web services and business processes for enabling core functionality of Amazon's business such as backend order processing, inventory purchasing, Accounting, Fulfillment, Alexa processes, and Amazon robotics etc. In order to make Amazon's developers more productive, we are building an enterprise Serverless Compute platform that will provide higher-level abstractions that will allow developers to just focus on business logic and not worry about undifferentiated efforts such as setting up server infrastructure, networking, service frameworks or dependency management. We partner with various AWS platforms to build cutting edge solutions that solve unique needs of Amazon's complex technology architecture.
As Principal Product Manager Technical, you will work with partners and stakeholders across the company and build the overarching vision for the architecture of Enterprise Serverless Compute platform. You will partner closely with AWS teams to share your learnings and requirements as well as to leverage cutting edge AWS innovations to benefit Amazon. You will work across customer base (Amazon's developers) to understand their business needs and features. You will coordinate and guide a team of 60+ engineers to implement this platform over next three years. You will identify opportunities to innovate Serverless Compute solutions for unique areas within Amazon businesses, such as on-premise systems in Fulfillment Centers, embedded systems in digital devices, and mobile applications. You will have opportunity to significantly improve Amazon's availability, security and the cost structure.
Every day we are working hard, having fun and making history, and we'd love for you to join us.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent experience.
· 10+ years working in software product development, including hands-on experience of large scale systems, web service and database technologies.
· 5+ years communicating vision and strategy to executive (C-level) stakeholders while also diving into detail to make rapid decisions and bring issues to resolution.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Master's or another advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
· Experience managing large scale, enterprise-wide initiatives spanning dozens of teams.
· Passionate about the developer audience, about developer efficiency, automation, developer tools/platforms and about increasing the end-to-end developer productivity.
· Experience working developer ecosystems, hosted apps/platforms, containers, managed services, frameworks and libraries.
· Demonstrated success driving very broad, v1 agendas across large organizations that require proactive communication, and stakeholder management OR demonstrated success and preference for ambiguous situations where they have an opportunity to drive simplicity and order.