We are seeking a Principal Product Manager who will be responsible for the strategy and blueprint for a product line. They define the ‘why’, ’what’, and when of a product, and clearly communicate the business value to the product team so they can understand the purpose behind the new product or product release. The principal product manager is responsible for collaborating with the product lines product managers to identify and drive strategic and tactical initiatives through advanced skills in strategic planning, solution architecture, program/project management, and change management. This includes evaluating vendor roadmap to create and sustain customer value, and managing and consulting on incoming demands. This position is responsible for the creation and execution of the product roadmap and realizing the product vision. The incumbent is responsible for developing key business metrics, strategic roadmaps and data analysis that enable effective decision making and risk management.
The incumbent will provide leadership for the transformation encompassing the elements of people, processes and technologies. This position is key in the successful enhancement, implementation, and ongoing support of the enterprise ServiceNow platform.
In this position you will:
- Drive product vision, strategy and roadmap and collaborate with product teams to compile backlog based on customer needs, market data, and competitive intel Build and prioritize such roadmap based on internal & external customers' hierarchy of needs
- Responsible for developing strategic plans that provide clear and measurable value to the business and can be successfully executed by the appropriate business sponsors, stakeholders, and product team members
- Responsible for planning and approving product releases, product release communications, and product performance
- Responsible for evaluating new features and products with comprehensive analysis and recommendations
- Responsible for Identifying the appropriate technology for problems presented by business stakeholders
- Recognize and identify deficiencies that present opportunities to improve the products effectiveness and make recommendations in these areas
- Accountable for the product backlog, backlog grooming, and overseeing the fulfillment of ongoing requests for enhancement for applications within an agile, iterative development methodology, providing guidance to the business regarding solution design and implementation
- Proven ability to gather and translate functional and technical requirements into an implementation work package
- Ability to conceptualize and visualize end-user experiences that delight the customer is a key priority
- Design and document what a solution will be, how it will look, and how I interacts with other applications and modules. Including forms, views, ACL, rules (client side / server side), and notifications, etc based on business requirements
- Responsible for facilitating stakeholder workshops and conducting interviews to drive consensus on requirements and solutions
- Apply knowledge of system capacity to determine feasibility of projects
- Responsible for development of project estimates, contributes to defining project timelines, project plans, and milestones. Proactively manage risks, and stakeholder expectations
- Demonstrate repeated project successes which generates a desire for follow-up work. Motivate and manage project teams, including vendors, effectively.
- Consistently communicate strategy and goals to project team and stakeholders.
- Interact cross functionally on matters that require coordination across the organization and collaborate well with other groups and voluntarily shares information
- Responsible for leading cross-functional teams and sub-teams, completing projects and tasks on-time and as promised.
- Responsible for gathering, transforming, analyzing, and communicating data in such a manner that supports effective decision-making. Proven ability to identify and design metrics and KPIs to reflect business process performance.
- Proven ability to leverage facts and data in approaching problems, considering both the customer's perspective and the enterprise's perspective while focusing on overarching goals and objectives. Responsible for facilitating changes to said metrics, KPIs and other performance reporting tools
- Responsible for providing support during UAT testing
- Forge strong, collaborative relationships and build consensus among competing stakeholders across business and IT peers, leveraging exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to describe technical solutions in customer language in a way that informs, persuades and engages the audience. Strong written, oral, and presentation skills for all audiences, particularly senior leaders and executives
- Mentor and coach other product team members facilitates individual team member development of technical, functional, and industry skills
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field or equivalent educ/experience
- ServiceNow Fundamentals Course Completed upon hire
- Relevant Project management experience
- 9 years Direct experience in IT process management and/or business process management, with demonstrated organizational awareness working in a complex business environment
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations; live, via online or virtual mediums
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, executive management, and other stakeholders through positive interaction and problem identification and resolution
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field or equivalent educ/experience
- 1 year ITIL Certification
- 1 year Project Management Certification
- 1.5 years or more ServiceNow Product Implementor Certifications
- 90 days or more ServiceNow product classes completed
- 3 years experience working in IT healthcare
- 3 years experience in implementing ITIL, Enterprise Service Management, Asset and Configuration Management solutions or other relevant product experience
- Demonstrated skills in project plan design and implementation; directing projects, coordinating the work of operational teams, and managing project budgets
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.