What You'll Be Doing
As the Principal Product Manager for our Search & Data Products you will build & leverage Instacart's rich e-commerce dataset to deliver world-class Search, Personalization, & Recommendation products to Instacart's customers.
You will do so by working with our Design, Engineering, Data Science, and Data Analyst teams to develop, prioritize, and execute roadmaps, strategic plans, and individual projects/features for achieving our search & data product goals.
What You Should Already Have
- A minimum of 4+ years in Product Management at a technology company
- A minimum of 2+ years experience leading a Search or Personalization team for a consumer technology company
- Strong domain knowledge in optimizing search products including experience with search relevance ranking, query understanding & rewriting, and best-in-class UI and navigation patterns for search
- Strong understanding of data & recommendation products including use of machine learning techniques for generating recommendations and best-in-class UI patterns for recommendation presentation
- Experience with gathering, cleaning, and standardizing data needed for search & recommendation product development through both algorithmic means and scaled semi-manual techniques such as crowdsourcing, image processing, and optical character recognition (OCR)
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and to directly perform data analysis in SQL or similar
- Deep intuition and strong passion for developing great user experiences
- Ability to develop strong roadmaps and strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate & communicate with a wide range of team members from every function and at every level
- Bachelor's or advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline. MBA a plus.
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership — so you can use our product without paying a delivery fee.