You will work with other product managers on Intuit’s overall Development Platform strategy with a particular emphasis on API strategy, which will empower Intuit to have highly personalized communications and experiences in their products. You will work on ML-driven APIs that deliver intelligent customer engagement and personalization recommendations. You will also get to work on Istio, Kubernetes, AWS Cloud, observability and scalable distributed systems and help drive Intuit’s contributions to open source projects in cloud-native technologies. You’ll help drive partnerships with end-users and partners to raise Intuit’s profile in the cloud-native community. If you understand shaping the future of large scale operational systems and appreciate working with open source communities, then this job is for you!
What you'll bring
- 8+ years designing and delivering world-class platform products that solve big customer needs, specifically in large scale distributed systems and platforms
- Experience with API strategy including REST/gRPC/GraphQL
- Experience with customer engagement products, platforms, and protocols
- Has a good understanding of the container ecosystem, developer tools and infrastructure.
- Has experience defining, building, and delivering products on public clouds – AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Has a good understanding of defining and building SaaS services, products, and infrastructure at scale.
- Has a good understanding of defining and building user experiences and flows for managing complex infrastructure products. .
- Has worked in an Agile development setting and can drive backlog grooming and prioritization.
- Product development and technical background, either as an engineer or in a previous technical role with prior hands-on development experience or in developing and presentation of technical demos.
- Proven experience in defining the product vision and inspiring teams to deliver innovations and impactful products.
- Ability to take end-to-end responsibility for the product’s success.
- Ability to work closely with customers and partners listening and taking a customer-focused approach to defining strategy and setting priorities demonstrating a passion for the customer.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills - leading execution across teams, influencing across organizations in small teams, and larger group presentation formats.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related technical discipline required. Equivalent work experience will be considered. Advanced degree preferred.
How you will lead
- Define and lead API Strategy including REST/gRPC/GraphQL, inter-service communication products, and authentication and authorization protocols. Provide product thought leadership in identifying critical customer requirements, understand business goals, and define product roadmaps and KPIs.
- Work closely with product managers and development teams across Intuit to identify and address gaps in driving API as a product strategy.
- Serve as a product evangelist for API management products both internally and externally by speaking at conferences, meetups, community meetings in cloud-native space and bring external-in perspectives to how Intuit builds a highly scalable, reliable, high-performance platform.
- Effectively manage dependencies, priorities, and plans across different groups at Intuit towards consistent product delivery aligned towards common goals.
- Take a data-driven approach in prioritizing requirements, creating and communicating plans and roadmaps, defining success metrics to deliver impactful business results.
- Demonstrate customer obsession by being a champion for the user experience with deep customer empathy.
- Evangelize and create broad awareness for the service communications ecosystem with technical talks at both internal and external forums and customer events.
- Actively participate in and be a thought leader in the open-source community around platform engineering projects.
- Be part of the extended product management team to contribute across Intuit platforms.
- Be customer-obsessed, acting as the voice of developers and Intuit’s customers in creating and operationalizing world-class SaaS platforms.