fferUp is looking for anexperiencedPrincipal Product Manager to lead our core payments team.
This person will build beautiful, simple payments and riskexperiences that power all of our growing lines of business. Enabling buyers to shop seamlessly and sellers to get paid faster, with confidence and transparency is your main objective. Specifically, you’ll help growth hack our fast-growing payments business by making it easy for internal teams to innovate on top of a modern payments and risk stack.
Your work building and improving our core payment experiences at OfferUp will directly impact millions of users. In this role you will drive product vision, strategy, development and execution across a number of products and teams.
To be successful, you’ll be an entrepreneurial-minded individual, who can lead a cross-functional team in a fast-paced, data-driven environment. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
As the Principal Product Manager you will:
- Lead the development team in an insight-driven, execution-driven environment focusing on both customer delight and monetization
- Partner with engineering, data science, marketing, biz ops and other product groups to develop the product roadmap, prioritization, and deliver on business goals
- Team up with and report to the Director of Payments, and get visibility / exposure to the company’s executive team.
- Be the voice of the customer and solve their core payment needs to provide a delightful experience
- 5+ years of product management or related experience
- Excellent analytic skills and data-informed approach
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Track record of customer obsession, deep diving and delivering results
- Strong architectural understanding of mobile and web products
- Full stack knowledge of merchant risk, associated risk vendors, transactional risk scoring, flow of funds through riskinfrastructure and ops teams
- Deep knowledge of domestic and international card-based payment systems
- Great track record of working with engineering, risk and legal teams to define, build, and maintain highly-scalable, mission-critical systems: people want to work with you again
- You are fun to work with are in for the journey as much as the end-goal