As a Principal Product Manager in the Consumer Business Unit you will be responsible for driving the product strategy and defining the experience for customers who purchase our Norton security products across all of our channels – online, partner and retail. The role involves identifying new features and optimizing existing features to create a best-in-class customer experience for our customers post-purchase, as they activate, download, use and manage their Norton security products. Our ideal candidate will be customer-oriented, have a strong experience with design and demonstrated success working with agile development teams. In addition, they should have a strong understanding of the consumer technology space including consumer needs and their evolution, understanding existing security software players and their offerings, and anticipating future customer needs.
In terms of scope, you would work on any of the key platforms that are critical to support our software, including our customer web portal, in-product communications, authentication experience and customer onboarding. In addition to product ownership, you will also help lead key strategic initiatives that are important for the business unit.
- Define the Norton product strategy, vision, and roadmap by understanding the competitive landscape and technology trends
- Work with customers, partners and internal stakeholders to research and identify unmet customer needs
- Drive cross-functional initiatives & alignment with other organizations across the business unit, proactively providing recommendations and innovative solutions
- Provide analytical and strategic-thinking to guide leadership in making product feature and go-to-market decisions
- Define primary and secondary research plans, including quantitative research, customer interviews, focus groups, etc.
- Responsible for product backlog prioritization and defining business outcomes across multiple domains
- Work internally with key functional groups (engineering, marketing, product, sales, etc.) as well as externally with customers and partners to drive Symantec’s business
- 8+ years of product management experience, experience in software preferred
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams to define and build features that exceed customer expectations
- Ability to manage and drive multiple product roadmaps
- Has a creative and flexible approach to problem solving and finds innovative ways to overcome roadblocks to get things done
- Excellent interpersonal communication / presentation / writing skills
- Strategic thinker with a bias towards action.
- Superior analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Demonstrated track record for using insights to drive decision making with a strong focus on customer and quality
- Self-motivated, resourceful and independent contributor
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of internal groups including senior level executives, marketing, engineering, sales and product experts
- Bachelor's degree (MBA or other Master's preferred)