Responsible for guiding, augmenting and extending the reach of Volterra’s Multi-Cloud Network Security and Multi-Cloud Network Management offerings. The role requires an individual with strong leadership, partnering and analytical abilities, who can build a shared vision for F5’s multi-cloud networking and security direction; deliver cloud network security and cloud network management products on top of the Volterra’s VoltMesh and VoltStack SaaS platform; help to build products from existing ideas; and help to develop new insights based on industry experience and contact with customers, prospects and partners.
- Own all product management end-to-end of VoltMesh Multi-Cloud Network Security and Multi-Cloud Network Management offerings, reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Product Management in Volterra in SPG
- Extend VoltMesh capabilities to include Service Insertion and Service Chaining enabling integration 3rd party Loadbalancers, Firewalls
- Extend VoltMesh capabilities in Multi-Cloud Networking Management including developing from the ground up Multi-Cloud Networking Observability, Monitoring and Notifications
- Become the subject matter expert in understanding customers’ Day-2 Operational needs around Multi-Cloud Networking such as alerting, automation, integrations with Service Ticketing and logging systems. Leverage this expertise to drive VoltMesh product roadmap improving customers’ day-2 operational journey on Volterra.
- Become the subject matter authority in how customers use public Cloud’s Transit gateway product, understand their needs, map them to available capabilities and identify gaps. Leverage this expertise to drive VoltMesh’s product roadmap to enhance customer’s adoption of multi-cloud networking and security technologies and public cloud transit gateway.
- Lead the product development process from inception to product delivery. Actively reach out to customers to understand their needs in multi-cloud. Distill the needs into product requirements and drive delivery of product execution with engineering.
- Manage the product launch process delivering technical decision maker and business decision maker content, envision a solution demo of new capabilities, price the new capabilities, and drive sales enablement efforts including making product orderable on the SaaS platform.
- Deliver web content, whitepapers, and demonstrations to drive customer adoption, and ensure technical marketing alignment with key partners
- Define, communicate, plan and execute the multi-cloud networking and security vision and strategy; prioritizing, resolving resource and allocation needs, strategic development and product strategy and delivering results to senior management. Align that vision with the overall company goals, and lead the effort to build product positioning and messaging across the security domain.
- Work with key decision makers in marketing and sales to ensure that the product is accurately communicated to the market
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; MBA desirable
- At least 5 years of experience in product management in the cloud networking and security industry
- At least 5 years’ of Networking and Security product management.
- Outstanding listener, great presenter, terrific interpersonal and communication skills with strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions
- Strong awareness of technology trends and potential influence on F5’s business
- Strong teaming skills: positive teammate, good team builder, experience to bring together diverse views.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically
- Ability to lead in a constantly evolving environment, manage multiple priorities and ambiguity
- Ability to converse with technical and business personnel fluently
- Experience developing relationships with suppliers and co-marketing partners highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to meet or beat assigned targets and delivery dates consistently