- Develop Vision based on deep customer insight. Identify areas of unmet needs in ecommerce, mobile, and Omni-channel.
- Establish business plans with cross-functional business teams to profitably meet unmet customer needs.
- Drive new product and feature roadmaps for multiple, intersection product areas, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs against user experience.
- Provides Product Management Guidance & training to less senior Product Managers.
- Establishes and implements Product Management best practices
- Work with less Sr. Product managers and cross-functional teams to deliver, market, measure, operationalize, and optimize products and features to customers.
- Deliver incremental profit and customer satisfaction through the delivery & development of new and modified Omni-channel products, features, and services across multiple Product areas. Products that this role will be responsible for include: all customer facing experiences and utilities across www.officedepot.com, Business.Officedepot.com, Mobile Web site, Mobile Apps, and Mobile POS (in-store) devices (includes browse, search, account maintenance, product selection, availability, cross-sell/upsell, purchase, confirmation, order history, loyalty, personalized experience, copy print solutions, and new business services), marketing vehicle communications and integrations with marketing platforms to support customer acquisition and retention, new business tools that will allow ecommerce and BSD operations teams to effectively and present content including product, promotions, and other unstructured content. These products will enable Office Depot to grow overall market share.The incumbent will do this by developing and communicate deep understanding of Market Problems and Competitive Landscape. Identify problems that OD can solve for customers that are urgent, pervasive, and that will enable OD to take a greater share of the customer’s wallet.
- Based on data from myriad sources develop Business Proposals which articulate market problems and how OD may be able to solve these for customers. Present this information to leaders across the organization so that opportunities can be evaluated, and to create alignment on priorities.
- Working with cross-functional teams, develop the business plan and product strategy for new products. This will include leading all phases of the Product Development Lifecycle.
- Develop the Product Roadmap with technology and cross-functional business teams. Continuously evaluate speed to market v. functionality trade-offs.
- Delivery new products, features, and business processes to internal and external market. Measure the impacts on Customer Satisfaction and key business metrics. Analyze this data to identify additional customer needs or refine solutions to existing products.
- Develop and communicate Product Management Best Practices to other Product Managers and business teams.
- Develop the talent of the team by providing: coaching/counseling, performance management, development, feedback, and training.
BA/BS or equivalent work experiencein business, marketing, andcomputer science
- Minimum of 7 years related experience in: Product Management, ecommerce, B2C and B2B, Retail, Consumer Research,Web Analytics, Software Development,Business Process Development Improvement
- Desired: Certified Product Manager, Certified Product Owner desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across business and technical audiences
- Understanding of Web/Mobile Applications
- Ability to present and influence to all levels of associates including Executives
- Basic understanding of Consumer Research Practices
- Deep Product Management Skills
- Agile / Scrum
- Software Development
- Microsoft Office
- Coremetrics or related Analytics Package
- Ability to influence and lead in complex, highly matrix environment
- Consumer Focused
- Passionate and Driven
- Team Player
Reference Number: 1240502