Splunk is looking for committed Product Managers to drive the definition, development and adoption of our core platform monitoring and management capabilities, and ensure end-to-end success in this market.
You will use your understanding of the data platforms, scalability and high availability to synthesize ideas that improve Splunk's Enterprise and Cloud offerings. This role presents an excellent opportunity to gain first-hand experience in building end-to-end data platform cloud services contributing towards Splunk’s industry-leading data platform and delivering high impact customer & business outcomes
You will merge attention to technical detail with ability to understand and align to business imperatives, while working hand-in-glove with cross-functional execution teams to drive customer insights and inputs directly into the development process.
As with any fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product management lifecycle and include deep interaction with customers, sales, and engineering.
- Own the "whole" product experience
- Engage with customers, develop insights into what is possible, and uncover unarticulated customer needs to drive customer success
- Build compelling and high impact data platform capabilities, based on deep understanding of customer needs & market trends, translating them into clear priorities and product roadmap
- Define product specs, user stories, mockups and acceptance criteria in collaboration with engineering or independently
- Interact and collaborate with Support, NOC, and field teams, to understand customer issues and drive business outcomes
- Collaborate with Engineering, QA, SRE and release teams to plan, drive and execute product releases cycles.
- Collaborate with product marketing to support creation of customer driven messaging and content
- 5-7 years of experience in product management
- Experience as a Product Manager with data platform, storage and clustering technologies
- Technical background in data management, high availability, scalability monitoring and system performance
- Deep understanding of data platform market, trends, competition and industry
- Strong sense of customer empathy to care deeply about customer problems and user experience
- Strong analytical skills and data driven product decision-making mindset
- Collaborative team player, with strong communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical products and features into simple concepts and presentations
- Experience with building large scale data management platforms or services
- Deep understanding of data platform market, trends and competition
- Passion for solving challenging technical problems and building enterprise products with intuitive user experience
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation and data driven product decision-making
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure and agile software development
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or similar degree highly preferred