As a Principal Product Manager on the Confluence team you will be responsible for managing the product strategy and a line of business for the Collaboration product family. This includes:
- Planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle
- Gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements
- Helping to define the product vision
- Creating the business case for new product add-ons and working closely with engineering, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met
- Define and track key business and usage analytics data to measure success for product areas you own
The Principal Product Manager will work across multiple streams of features to provide guidance and direction to assure the success of the product, including both features they are directly responsible for, as well as other feature areas managed by other Product Managers within their product. You will also act as a player/coach among Product Managers in their team – helping and guiding efforts across the product while also owning specific feature sets and deliverables.
More about you
You have a passion for building amazing products that customers love.
- Strategy and Leadership skills
- Attention to detail; we want you to care about the small things just as much as the big things
- You can balance prioritizing competing opportunities (including evaluating customer needs with business priorities)
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and articulating a user case
- You’ve got charisma in spades; you will need to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- You’re social and adept at building relationships across product lines and functional groups to make sure we are all on the same page
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8+ years of product management experience in a high growth software product organization
- You have prior success defining and launching excellent products.
- You are a strategic thinker (but can get down in the weeds too) with great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Previous experience in the fields of unified communication, collaboration or messaging.
- Computer Science or a related technical degree is strongly preferred
- MBA is a plus
More about our team
Confluence is used by more than half of Fortune 100 companies to connect people with content and co-workers they need to get their jobs done, faster. The pace of innovation and change in the workplace is now greater than ever. Confluence powers teams to help them go from concept to launch, no matter what the project. Confluence makes creating and collaborating on content easier for teams of all sizes. Cross-team collaboration is a breeze with the combination of Confluence and Hipchat as the content and communication backbone across the company. As the concept of work, the flow of information rapidly increases, and many more remote teams in the mix, Confluence is poised to shape how people collaborate and work together now and well into the future. Come, be a part of this amazing journey!
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 80,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and HipChat–and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.