There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
We are looking for an experienced product management leader to join our rapidly growing team and lead our product roadmap on everything related to compliance, certifications and regulated industries across diverse verticals. It’s a new and initial role within product management and the individual will have the opportunity to shape the vision and work across different teams, disciplines and across the entire Snowflake Data Cloud stack.
Our product managers oversee the product functionality and design for our flexible, scalable, and easy-to-use data cloud. We need someone who has the breadth of skills, depth of knowledge, and experience that will make our product loved by customers - someone who can develop a deep understanding of the Snowflake product, a deep empathy for customers and a clear vision of how the product should evolve.
IN THIS PRODUCT MANAGER ROLE YOU WILL:
- Translate and define compliance and regulatory requirements originating from both - internal teams and Snowflake customers - to actual product requirements with clearly defined priorities
- Investigate and develop new product ideas for novel compliance-driven products from the ground up allowing to increase the adoption and use of Snowflake’s Data Cloud across diverse verticals
- Develop a deep understanding of every product and feature offered with the Snowflake Data Cloud and work with corresponding product managers / product owners to achieve, increase and build compliance across the entire Data Cloud stack
- Work on defining our product strategy for Government entities, strongly regulated industries like financial services and healthcare
- Be the point of contact for various internal teams ranging from legal, governance and security teams to finance and Field CTOs
- Regularly review pipeline, financial justification and market analysis for regulated industries jointly with sales strategy and vertical solution teams
- Regularly present compliance topics, roadmap and product solutions to Snowflake customers
- Be the voice for these prospects and customers throughout Snowflake, and be the voice of Snowflake back to the same prospects and customers.
- Ship features and improvements frequently and iteratively. You will own getting your product out the door, and you will own making sure it’s constantly evolving.
- Be responsible for all aspects of your product - if anything goes wrong, you’ll be on the front lines fixing it.
- Work hand in hand with customers, engaging in frequent conversations to understand their needs, gather feedback, and overall ensure that product direction is in tune with customer needs. You’ll often go stretches where you’re talking to multiple customers every day, and you’ll rarely go more than a week without a deep customer conversation.
FOR THIS ROLE, THE PRODUCT MANAGER AT SNOWFLAKE IS EXPECTED TO:
- Have, continue and develop a deep understanding about compliance topics like FedRAMP (Moderate | High), FedRAMP+ IL4/5, GxP, ITAR, IRAP and alike
- Build a broad and deep understanding of our product line and how customers use it, as well as map the compliance requirements to actual product requirements for each
- Have experience defining a product vision and roadmap from the ground up and managing incremental execution through successful launches
- Thrive in the dynamic environment that comes with being part of a fast-moving startup. That means flexibility as well as dealing with ambiguity.
- Be highly data-driven, knowing how to get, understand, and use data to make the best possible decisions.
- Move quickly and constantly iterate, moving from hypotheses developed from customer conversations, data, and insights to running tests to confirm those hypotheses, to learnings and iteration towards a solution that customers didn’t even realize they wanted but now can’t live without.
- Operate throughout multiple layers of the product stack including the user experience and deeper in the technology stack. Know whether the limitations of the current backend are reasonable or if we should rebuild to enable new capabilities to allow for businesses to scale through building data applications.
- Drive execution with a cross-functional team, ensuring that everyone is working towards the same goals and impact and the actual commercialization of the compliance related products
- Have 8-10+ years of relevant experience in a technical role.
- Knowledge and previous experience about different compliance and regulatory rules / laws is a strong plus.
- Having an understanding in the area of data management, Big Data analytics, data warehousing and/or cloud technologies is a plus.
- Experience in building GRC products is a plus.