Chargebee is looking for an exceptional and self-directed Principal Product Manager who is passionate about PaaS. We’re looking for someone with the vision and experience to shape the Chargebee platform to serve developers both inside and outside Chargebee. You'll be working closely with highly-skilled engineering and design teams to deliver a world-class platform upon which Chargebee and an entire ecosystem of merchants and third-party partners will develop mission-critical billing and payments related business applications.
At the Principal Product Manager level, you will strongly influence platform strategy, develop the roadmap of our Shared Platform Services, enable the platform to keep pace with growing demand, and work closely with leaders across the organization to realize the product vision. This is a “player/coach” role with strong individual contributor expectations in addition to strategic leadership. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record building platform services, strong knowledge of the payments industry, and a desire to drive amazing new product capabilities.
This is a critical role in Chargebee and will help influence how we design our system internally & externally with significant visibility to executive leadership.
- You will own the product roadmap for Platform Services shared across all of Chargebee’s applications.
- Platform Services are those services which are shared across functional elements of the platform and may include platform security, notification framework, workflow engine, localization, regulatory compliance, and other technical requirements.
- Create, communicate, and execute the multi-year roadmap and strategy to achieve the goals for this critical product area.
- Deeply understand the needs of current and target developers, customers, and partners through regular interactions and quantitative and qualitative research, and represent their voice to internal teams.
- Create use-cases, user stories, and sometimes detailed product requirements that clearly articulate the functionality of the product that will be developed.
- Own and manage the product backlog and prioritize product enhancements, partner, and customer requests, as well as strategic business objectives by using sound judgment and decisive tradeoffs. Serve as Product Owner, working with an Agile development team to deliver the roadmap in regular development sprints.
- Role may expand to include management of up to four direct reports
- Develop competitive expertise to assist in outbound product positioning and inform internal development priorities.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, Documentation, and other Product teams to deliver an amazing product and an exceptional user experience and unwavering quality and reliability.
- Partner cross-functionally to successfully prepare the business to roll out products and ensure an outstanding end-to-end user experience.
- Occasionally represent Chargebee as a domain expert at industry and partner events, customer visits, and other outbound activities.
Chargebee might be the opportunity you’re looking for
- If you’re interested in how subscription businesses can get more efficient.
- If you’re hungry to give and receive feedback, fully understanding that challenging perspectives are the only way that you can grow.
- If you can bring empathy to problem solving.
If this sounds interesting but you’re not sure you'll tick all the boxes, apply anyway! There’s tons of room to grow at Chargebee.