As a Principal Product Designer, you'll be involved in the full life-cycle of design. You’ll partner with product managers and engineers to deliver great experiences to our users, enabling them to demonstrate the full power of Splunk. You’ll also work with your fellow UI/UX and UXR team members, to develop and deploy Splunk’s design language, across our products.
We’re looking for thinkers and innovators who are willing to challenge the status quo and are energized by developing creative solutions to complex problems.
What you’ll do:
- Work in close alignment with our product and engineering teams, to define and execute on a vision for Splunk’s unified suite of observability products which illustrates a best-in-class user experience for DevOps teams.
- Advocate for and execute user-centered design/lean UX process for interaction design at throughout the product development process
- Push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of solving a problem
- Present designs and effectively communicate design rationale to diverse partners
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (UX, visual designers, UX researchers, product managers and engineering) to create compelling visual designs of interactive experiences
- Bring to bear Splunk’s component library/design system across early-stage concepts, prototypes and detailed product designs
- Ownership of full design process within a project from early stage mock-ups to final detailed designs
- Partner with product management and engineering teams to define product roadmaps and prioritize requirements for releases
- Create detailed design specifications and design standards
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of demonstrated ability in UX/UI Design
- Expertise in enabling highly technical users quickly and intuitively to analyze, and get insights from, data produced by a wide variety of services and devices, in a wide variety of formats
- Expertise in data visualization
- Deep understanding of design systems, and experience leveraging, and contributing to, design systems
- Expertise in using industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC)
- Expertise creating prototypes to communicate design concepts to users and project partners
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Not afraid of ambiguity and willing to learn new skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative development environment, experience with Agile a strong plus