OfferUp is a Seattle area startup that is changing how we buy and sell locally by making it as easy as sharing a photo from your phone. We are creating a simple and safer marketplace where we help buyers and sellers link up with ease. We are a rapidly growing team and are looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious people.
The OfferUp design team is looking for a highly experienced Senior Designer to bring fresh ideas and insights to help evolve the OfferUp experience. You are someone with a desire for creating elegant UX that delights our customers with simplicity – making them come back to OfferUp over and over again. Your designs will touch millions of users!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Experienced creative UX Designer who creates compelling digitalexperiences through user testing, analysis, observation, information architecture, mockups, prototyping and interaction.
- 8+ years of design experience with the ability to provide guidance and lead by example to foster a culture of collaboration and growth.
- Obsessed with User Experience where you do the right thing for users.
- Solve user problems through design.
- You will have pixel perfect attention to detail.
- Being able to create user stories looking at business and product goals while translating usage data and real life interactions to simple and intuitive front-end experiences.
- Work cross functionally ensure vision meets solution.
- Critically minded, investigative, inspiring, convincing and with a can-do mentality.
- Ability to work with users and subject matter experts to define and understand audience behavior.
- Strong understanding of mobile application design.
- We are firm believers in agile principles – you must adapt to change, opportunity, and deadlines with ease.
- An expert understanding of your tools: Communication, Paper and Pencil, Whiteboard, Sketch 3, Illustrator, Photoshop, Marvel, InVision, Pixate, After Effects, or similar.
- Eligible to work in the United States.