As a product designer, you will help build the end-to-end experiences for our users — from improvement to our project browser, our accounts admin, to upcoming editor features. You will work with our Product Manager and the rest of the team to create the best content creation experience for our users.
- 6+ years as a product designer.
- You are known for clear, direct communication (written and verbal) and collaborating well with a diverse set of interest groups (engineers, designers, executives).
- Clearly communicate sophisticated user flows that integrate multiple features, users, and workflows.
- You have empathy for users and are eager to discover and resolve their pain points.
- You are highly organized and process-oriented.
- You enjoy working in ambiguity and can lead the designing process for the team (engage all parties in discussion and drive ideas to design).
- Ability to identify and frame problems and opportunities from a user-centric perspective, leaning heavily on data & research.
- A portfolio that exhibits real passion for your craft and strong conceptual ability
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Design
Nice to haves
- Experience building and/or working on a creation tool (e.g., word processor).
- Startup experience; i.e., experience in a role that didn't previously exist in a highly unstructured environment where individuals were responsible for setting their own day-to-day priorities
- Influence holistic decision making across our many web and application surfaces.
- Bring clarity and insight to problems that are broad and ambiguous in scope, integrating user, business, and technical constraints into a compelling narrative
- Collaborate effectively with others in a cross-functional team and present, and explain their design ideas and decisions effectively. Must be able to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ultra focused on creating a superb editing experience: Appreciate the context of an content/video creator. Ability to transfer that knowledge into designs
- Concept, design, prototype, and conduct user testing. Iterate based on feedback to create simple, impactful experiences.
- Work closely with the Product Manager, Designer, and CEO to define the next-generation video editing experience.