The Principal Product Architect High Availability will be responsible for translating product requirements into specific system, application or process designs, including working with product managers, architects, field engineers and executives to identify product specifications and in architecting products and services to cater to the complex high availability demands for Teradata's current and future customers.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Define strategic vision for high availability for products and services through the integration of component architecture solutions, complex design patterns, technical strategy and blueprints which forms the basis for high availability architecture across the Teradata offering portfolio.
- Define complex architectural strategy and direction of multiple and diverse high availability products and services on a variety of multi-platform systems – on premise, public cloud (AWS and Azure) and hybrid cloud
- Develops system architecture plans and reviews cost and feasibility of system requests working closely with Product Development and Product Management while ensuring the plan supports the strategic needs of the product
- Develop simple and elegant solutions to solve complex problems for Teradata's customers that exemplifies quality optimization for reliability, availability, scalability, manageability, flexibility, usability /reusability and high performance
- Provides high level mentoring to other Architects by educating them on complex architecture approach across their respective domains
- Create and present technical information in order to influence and gain the understanding of business as well as technical roles across the organization
- Lead a matrixed team of product and strategic architects to deliver a strategic blueprint for high availability products and services at Teradata
Other Job Duties
- Lead multifunctional teams in successful application of methodologies and architecture modeling tools
- Engage with product managers and implementers of the high availability products and services to initiate/lead the engagement after analysis to develop target reference architecture, technical roadmap, strategy and blueprints
- Expertise in the domain of business continuity, disaster recovery, chaos engineering and high availability
- Experience in successful product delivery a must
- Experience with cloud architectures and technologies required
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience required