Blackhawk Network is in need of an experienced Procurement Consultant to support a best in class procurement team. Responsibilities of the position include deep understanding of procurement policies, vendor management and meeting SOX requirements related to procurement and financial accounting practices. This person will develop internal partner relationships to help drive procurement initiatives. Such practices will include competitive bidding when appropriate, vendor evaluation and onboardingprocesses, contract review in coordination with our legal department, and negotiation and total cost of ownership analysis. The Procurement Consultant will support a supplier and spend optimization analysis to be conducted quarterly and annually.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate success in reducing costs and improving supplier performance through implementation of global sourcing strategies and becoming a go to resource for all significant procurement activities. This role will rely highly on the candidates experience and ability to partner and execute high impacting projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate relationships in order to consult with business executives of assigned Business Teams to identify and understand current and future initiatives to support all aspects of Supplier relationships including Supplier selection, negotiation strategies, cost negotiations, contract negotiation & implementation and assurance of the quality of services received.
- Act as thought leader and advisor to procurement team(s) and senior level business managers to embed robust procurement processes and strategies to drive cost savings and sound metrics to manage Suppliers and ensure value for all goods & services purchased.
- Support annual procurement planning process for assigned Business Teams based upon business requirements, available resources, existing contract expirations and strategic market opportunities.
- Report to key stakeholders and management on of all key initiatives; status, timeline, issues, etc.
- Oversee sourcing initiatives, facilitating sourcing strategies with Business Teams and where appropriate, initiate & lead cross-functional and Business Team efforts for strategic initiatives.
- Support the company policy and practice of Third Party Risk Management in coordination with the Legal and Compliance Team
- Draft and negotiate agreements with Suppliers that achieve optimal combination of quality, price, and service and risk mitigation.
- Implement vendor selection guidelines; recommend additions to and from the supplier / vendor universe as appropriate
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers to meet or exceed end-user requ
- Maintain policies and controls in coordination with finance to ensure adherence to budgets and compliance with SOX control.
- Ensure proper execution and compliance with purchasing T’s and C’s and applicable legal documents (such as NDA’s, MSA’s, and contracts)
- Lead the development, distribution, analysis, and presentation of RFIs and RFPs
- Tracking and reporting of cost savings and avoidance; trend monthly and annual budgetreporting
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in corporate procurement.
- Minimum 5 years IT Procurement experience is a requirement.
- Have infrastructure related knowledge of technology space and expertise to include contracting, pricing, auditing, and project close out. Implements performance guarantee contracts to minimize BHN risk and increase supplier accountability and performance
- Experience with integrated procure to pay systems; MS Dynamics and Service Now a plus
- Experience using spend analytics software.
- Be highly effective at initiating and leading/facilitating cross-functional teams, building cross-functional relationships, and developing cross-functional understanding in a high paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Interact with all levels of the organization, including senior management on key initiatives
- Knowledge of RFx best practices and use of various eSourcing tools
- Have demonstrated skill in strategic sourcing, planning and leading negotiations, and have experience in structuring and managing Supplier contracts, supplier performance, and development plans
- Ability to work independently, taking responsibility for the execution of Procurement strategy across all levels of the organization
- Deep capacity for influencing others that do not report to Procurement; enlisting their commitment (time, resources and budgets) in support of Procurement initiatives
- Ability to build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- Experience using process improvement methodologies to improve performance
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstration of critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proactive, results oriented, with a can-do attitude in meeting critical deadlines
- Ability to work cross functionally
- BA/BS degree in business or economic related field
- Professional certification (CPIM, CPM, etc.) is a plus