As a Process Manager in External Affairs, you will be part of a smart, talented team responsible for leading projects (often technology-based) and creating & managing processes across areas of our business. The External Affairs Strategy & Engagement (EASE) team focuses on being well-managed, driving engagement and leading strategic initiatives. Our responsibilities include: technology strategy and implementation, risk management, financial management, human resources processes, and support of key events, projects and processes across the business.
You will lead critical work across our lines of business, including process management, project management, process improvement (simplification, transparency and automation) and process design and analysis. In this position, you will contribute immediately while strengthening your process management, project management, coaching and facilitation skills. You must be able to influence digital and operational intent to deliver on business outcomes, including how processes & systems interact for key outcomes and upstream/downstream impacts.
This role will act as the Product Owner within the agile delivery framework to develop and prioritize requirements and work with the Tech product delivery team. The Product Owner is the voice of the business, driving the product vision for the team and managing a well refined (groomed), prioritized backlog of work.
• Collaborate with the lines of business and lead oversight of process improvement work
• Identify and implement process improvements driving efficiency improvements, issue resolution and risk mitigation activities
• Develop and maintain formal process documentation including procedures and process flow diagrams
• Autonomously lead projects having moderate levels of complexity by providing strategic direction to project teams, peers, and stakeholders to drive results.
• Partner with Technology to help support Solutions Delivery processes and controls.
• Use a variety of techniques and tools to define, manage and improve processes, like Visual Management, Business Process Management, Lean, and Six Sigma
• Plan, design, manage and execute project plans to ensure delivery. This activity includes management of scope definition, requirement expectations, planning, communications and implementation
The ideal candidate will:
• Exhibit a proven track record of process and project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage the work in a dynamic complex environment
• Demonstrate outstanding communication and partnership skills, essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
• Be a self-starter, able to see untapped opportunities and make offers to influence long term process vision
• Demonstrate organizational agility to adapt to changing demands
• Display strong consulting and collaboration skills
• Demonstrate ability to manage both technology and non-technology projects
• Understand software development lifecycle and help bridge the gap between External Affairs and Technology
• Have demonstrated experience in various project management / problem solving methodologies (waterfall, agile, design thinking, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
• At least 3 years of experience in process management
• At least 2 years of experience in project management
• 2+ years of experience working in an Agile environment or technology delivery
• Advanced degree
• BPM, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
• Scrum or PMP certification
• At least 2 years of Financial services or banking industry experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.