Arcadis is searching for a Principal Pipeline Engineering Manager to provide technical and design management to help expand our industrial facility design and engineering platform within our Up and Midstream Oil and Gas growth strategy within our Industrial Infrastructure service offering. This position may be located in any of our Midwest or Northeast office locations.
Candidates must have experience with managing of various types of Pipeline projects which may include but not limited to; managing both local and remote design staff, pipeline design and codes applicable for oils, gas, and water, pipeline facilities, compressor stations, high pressure natural gas midstream pipelines, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control best practices, permitting support, site layout while working with other core disciplines on both small and large scale.
Candidates will have experience in all project phases: pursuit, client engagements, planning, design/preconstruction, procurement, construction, commissioning & validation.
Candidate may also be responsible for the overall financial results of assigned projects as a Project Manager for a specific project. Manages work to be compliant with state, local and Federal requirements.
Identify, negotiate, secure and monitor subcontractors. Excellent analytical, communication, and computer skills are also required. Operates with the highest ethical standards. The desired candidate has a proven reputation for excellence in client relationship development and management.
Position expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Experience in leading design and projects for the Oil and Gas sector.
- Experience with projects/programs through all project phases: pursuit, planning, design/preconstruction, construction, commissioning & validation, with focus on client expansion, rehabilitation, and retrofit.
- Oil and Gas pipeline design experience; pipelines ranging from small interconnects to longer cross-country pipeline project.
- Technical Pipeline Design Lead and Management; proven experience to lead design effort, teams, and managing the growth of site/civil design team within our Industrial Infrastructure program.
- Work would include line routing and analysis, and coordination of environmental, cultural, permitting and other environmental specialty services, cost estimation, and bid document preparation.
- Work would include pipeline route development mapping and the installation and maintenance
- Support building a team in the Midwest/Northeast and/or Houston, TX offices to support our continued expansion of our existing design and engineering services for the Appalachian, Mid-Continent, Rockies, and West Coast O&G (and other relevant sector) operations.
- Project Management with high levels of client satisfaction and collaboration among stakeholders.
- Coordinating and managing multiple discipline projects.
- Managing and growing strong pipeline disciplined team in support of delivering projects and meeting client expectations.
- Review schedules, analyze critical path updates, schedule progress, evaluate schedule options, communicate schedule status to client, consultants, and others.
- Manage projects to completion on-time, within budget, and within the scope of work.
- Produce reports and briefings for client and Arcadis team as necessary.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Responsible to help support growth for the Industrial Infrastructure and Oil and Gas sector including sales (contract bookings), net revenue, profitability, client management, proposal development, marketing, project management, and resource management.
- Knowledge of the local/regional construction market, especially related to program, project and construction management, in the surrounding area to drive project delivery to support market growth locally and throughout the region.
- Act as a leader and perform a seller-doer approach; acting as a PM, managing PMs/Associate PM’s, field staff, and support staff on complex projects from inception to closure (budget, schedule, scope, plan and direct consulting activities, quality control, etc.).
- Serves as the client liaison as necessary.
- Serve as a leader for mentoring and supporting individual/team professional growth.
The selected candidate will have:
- Working knowledge and experience with 49 CFR Parts 192 and 195, (B31.4 and B31.8).
- Working knowledge and experience with AutoDesk Products (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, etc.), REVIT, and Bentley (MicroStation, etc.) software products.
- Proven record of growing a business with direct business development responsibility.
- Experience with operations management, staff leadership, and managing teams and projects.
- Ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously is required with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent, clear and concise, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proven record of being health and safety focused.
- Initiative and ability to tackle new projects and challenges daily.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineering, PE
- 15+ years as a progressive engineering experience and Project Manager
- Be able to direct Arcadis where growth opportunities exist in the market