In this highly transparent role as a Principal Physical Design Engineer in Micron’s Non-Volatile Engineering Group, you will be responsible for running and maintaining the timing flows using industry standard EDA tools for crafting next generation ASIC products for Micron on most recent technology nodes. You will also work with front-end design teams across various subject areas in helping APR blocks through physical design flow and making sure all the blocks to meet timing requirements.
The team member will work with a creative and highly motivated Physical Design team using state of art technologies and methodologies. This position is being offered in Minneapolis Design Center, Minneapolis.
Responsibilities and Duties include, but not limited to:
- Proficient in chip/block level timing closure and verification flow and methodology. Hands-on expert, independent driver to clos chip/blocks from floorplanning to sign-off
- Broad knowledge and experience in timing constraint generation and timing closure of high performance ASIC designs
- Good understanding of timing corners, modes and process variations and AOCV, OCV, Noise and Xtalk effects on timing.
- Must have deep functional knowledge of P&R flows along STA flows, should be able to catch up quickly on internal flows, adapt.
- Proven track record in design timing analysis and closure of sophisticated process technology nodes 28nm and below
- Experienced user of digital timing tools – Cadence Tempus or Synopsys PrimeTime
Qualifications and Skills include, but not limited to:
- 10+ years of proven experience in physical design timing closure
- Bachelor’s or Masters with a relevant education in the field of electronics and computer engineering and/or related field
- Stronghold on the fundamentals of digital electronics and microprocessors is vital and proficiency in tcl scripting language
- Required soft skills – Customer orientation, Good teamwork and communication skills. Good analytical and Problem-solving skills along with strong ownership, dedication and time management.