The Photonics System Architect is responsible for the definition of system architecture, subsystem and component specifications, and for providing cross-functional technical leadership for the Communications product line.
*This list is not all inclusive. Additional duties will be assigned as needed.
- Develop innovative technical solutions for state-of-the-art optical communication systems involving co-packaged IC’s and photonics
- Lead cross-functional teams to define and optimize product architecture including packaging, optical, electrical, mechanical and thermal and cost
- Perform system analysis, tolerance analysis and other trades studies as needed to develop optical system and sub-system requirements, and specification documents
- Lead task forces to solve problems involving a wide range of cross-functional issues: Photonics active devices and passives, fab process, packaging, High-speed electrical, thermal, mechanical, manufacturability and cost
- Break down complex problems into manageable tasks and mentor engineers to provide solutions
- Design experiments (simulation and empirical) to support system-level design and troubleshooting of Rockley products
- Prepare clear written and verbal reports on technical status, risk management and schedule
- Provide technical marketing support by participating in MSA committees, making conference presentations and customer technical briefings
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of optical communications standards
- Experience with system analysis and validation of optical link budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading technical teams to define specifications and troubleshoot problems.