We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for a technical lead for the server and networking performance and workloads team at Arm. As a member of the Infrastructure Line of Business, you will act to accelerate the adoption of Arm technology to open up new markets for Arm products. You'll need to have proven experience on cloud/server workloads, compilers, performance measurements and computer architecture knowledge, in addition to being able to think creatively.
What will I be accountable for?
- Collecting requirements from customers for cloud workloads and use cases.
- Be a liaison for Arm partners on performance issues concerning server workloads.
- Guiding Arm architectures and IP teams to improve performance on cloud/server applications.
- Setting new directions to advance Arm technologies in the datacenter.
- Influencing benchmark committees and participating in technical forums.
- Be a mentor and line manager for a team of more junior performance engineers.
- Understand and address performance bottlenecks in cloud applications on Arm servers.
- Contribute to performance improvements and features to open source SW.
- Contribute to performance improvements and features to Arm HW IPs.
- Communicate in technical forums such as internal and external conferences, as well as in customer and partner meetings.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. 5+ years performance analysis and diagnostics experience.
- Solid SW background (combinations of compiler, Linux OS/kernel, runtime environments, Python/Perl/shell scripting, assembly, firmware).
- Knowledge in CPU architecture, end-to-end software performance, networking and storage concepts.
- Performance data collection, cleansing and analytics.
- Knowledge of the Arm ISA is helpful but not required.Capable of working both in teams and independently.
- High degree of initiative and a proven problem solver.
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken.
- Good communicator, personable and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level.