Principal Product Development Project Management Specialist
Careers That Change Lives
We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
The Cardiac and Vascular Group brings all of our cardiac and vascular businesses together into one cross-functional, collaborative operating unit to employ the full breadth of our talent, technologies, products, services, and solutions to address the needs of customers and patients across the globe
The Principal Product Development Project Management Specialist position has the primary responsibility to oversee and manage the operational aspects of new product development projects and initiatives within the Coronary Structural Heart / Aortic Peripheral Vascular (CSH/APV) R&D Enterprise Optimization group.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of PMO, this position will be responsible or representing the PMO (Project Management Office) serving as the project manager in the execution of New Product Development (NPD) projects. This position will work with cross functional project team(s) to lead project management activities and continuous improvement initiatives within to drive better execution of NPD projects. This role will directly influence project strategy and cross functional project teams and stakeholders to ensure project milestones are achieved. In addition of supporting the overall project management infrastructure (metrics, reporting, administration, business reviews etc.) this role will participate in implementing best practice tools and techniques in project management within NPD projects.
A Day in the Life
- Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Manage changing priorities on projects through effective schedule management and deployment of PM methodologies.
- Drive the overall project management infrastructure (metrics, reporting, administration, business reviews etc.) of NPD projects and initiatives following design control process.
- Manages the development and implementation process of a company's products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Participate in implementing best practice tools and techniques in project management within NPD projects and optimization of the Product Development Process (PDP)
- Work closely with the Core Team Leader, Project Review Committee, key Sponsors and Stakeholders to communicate organizational capacity constraints and portfolio risks.
- Work with Core Team Members and the DRM group to ensure integration of tools and methodologies to drive predictability in the innovation of new product portfolio
Specialist Career Stream:
- Typically, an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty. Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results. May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals. The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects - from design to implementation - while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education.
- Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor.
- Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level specialists; may manage projects / processes.
- Organizational Impact: May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area.
- Contributes to the completion of work group objectives, through building relationships and consensus to reach agreements on assignments.
- Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are difficult, and may require understanding of multiple issues, job areas or specialties.
- Makes improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area.
- Analysis provided is in-depth in nature and often provides recommendations on process improvements.
- Communication and Influence: Communicates with senior internal and external customers and vendors.
- Exchange information of facts, statuses, ideas and issues to achieve objective, and influence decision-making.
- Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- May manage projects, requiring delegation of work and review of others' work product .
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
- Engineering or Sciences degree
- PMP Certification
- 5+years' experience working in Project Management environment.
- Medical device, technology experience
- Dynamic team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Program management experience leading large, mission-critical programs that involve significant business change and organizational transformation.
- Experience with developing, implementing, and monitoring process improvement initiatives, project management frameworks and methodologies.
- Experience leading large teams in a matrix management environment.
- Demonstrated track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Experienced with MS project, MS Office
- High level of enthusiasm, motivation, and drive for results.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, adept at navigating organizational challenges and possess ability to work with through others and accomplish objectives.
- Ability to establish personal credibility and build trust quickly.
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interface at all levels in the organization.