Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Under general direction, works independently or as part of a team on problems of diverse scope and complexity to evaluate, analyze, and develop insights and solutions. Develop models to quantify and optimize the riskassociated with the gas and electric distribution systems based on probabilistic and financial analyses. May provide technical direction to less experienced team members. Optimizing risk includes, but is not limited to, determining impacts to system reliability, operational performance, environment, jurisdictional and business financial performance, system safety, legal and regulatory compliance, and brand impact.
This position is posted as a hierarchy at the Principal or Senior Principal level. The successful candidate will be hired at the level that is commensurate with their skills and experience.
a) Develop complex models and metrics, as part of daily responsibilities, to quantify the riskassociated with the distribution system operational and reinvestment options, based on probability statistical and engineering
b) Develop methodologies for incorporating risk metrics to support project funding decisions. Perform probabilistic risk analysis based on the developed models.
c) Design and perform quantitative studies of historical and forecasted spends. Perform Post Project Effectiveness evaluations.
d) Use trends and analysis to recommend and support capital and O&M funding levels as part of the annual budget process.
e) Ad hoc projects as assigned.
f) Continually define and coordinate existing and future data requirements for the analysis necessary to optimize system risk.
g) Develop presentations, communicate risk management processes, results and recommendations to management and employees.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, finance, engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years of risk modeling or related work experiencerequired. 7 years required for Senior Principal
• Engineering/Utility Industry-Knowledge of utility business operations maintenance, engineering and systems.
• Quantitative/Statistical Modeling-Ability to develop and analyze predictive models, forecasting, and simulation.
• Ability to perform regression, correlation and trend analysis.
• Accounting/Financial Modeling-Knowledge of accounting principles.
• Ability to build financial models.
• Ability to interpret financial statements.
• Computer Systems/Information Technology-Advanced ability to use Excel (VBA), Access, and
otherdatabase programs and analytical tools. Python, MatLab, Business Objects are a plus.
• Advanced ability to collect, extract, and manipulate complex data files.
• Advanced knowledge of statistics and risk modeling.
• Creativity and strong analytical skills.