Nuance is hiring a Principal Research Scientist in the Healthcare Research organization working on state-of-the-art deep learning systems for our Dragon Ambient eXperience (DAX) product. You will have the opportunity to transform the healthcare industry, by changing the way doctors interact with technology and their patients. Major duty is to help develop deep learning technology to improve physicians’ efficiency in clinical documentation, build tools to help other team members do similar research, and take the technical leadership of small projects.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Research on creating state of the art, scalable, and self-learning systems for DAX and similar products.
- Design, train and tune a variety of deep neural network machine learning models.
- Create models from varying levels of data quality and quantity, ability to creatively apply domain knowledge will be important.
- Help define and drive improvements related to architectural designs, data preparation and model evaluation.
- Perform data and error analysis in order to improve models and understand their shortcomings.
- Lead technical projects involving a small team.
- Communicate and work effectively with remote members and teams.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
- Education:Ph.D. (or M.S. with research and development experience) in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum years of experience: 8+ Years
- Minimum of 8 years experience (including graduate school).
- Experience in medical text analytics and/or clinical information retrieval
- Proven experience with Machine Learning algorithms, including Deep Neural Networks, supervised and semi-supervised methods with strong knowledge of the mathematical underpinnings behind these models.
- Experience with running experiments on large datasets.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing methods.
- Experience with open-source machine learning toolkits such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Bash/Unix scripting skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Experience leading small projects.
- Experience with text summarization and/or text generation is a PLUS.