Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 123 days agoby Kay Cole
DexYP is looking to hire a fulltime Principal Network Engineer for the Grapevine, TX location
If you are interested please use the link and apply to the role. Then email me so I can move you
Forward in the process, Kay.email@example.com
18-0054, Principal Network Engineer
As a Principal Network Engineer, you will design, implement, support, and manage complex data networks. This position entails leadership in the design of future networks as the company grows, including product evaluation, testing, participation in product development, and in-depth troubleshooting. MUST have CCIE level experience & certification
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, computer science. Master's preferred, flexible with experience
• 8 years of experience as a Network Engineer with 4+ years in a senior role placing emphasis on operations support, design, and implementation
• Combined experience should include some portion of below based on hiring manager need:
• 4+ years networkarchitecture design and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
• 4+ years datacenter solution architecture or equivalent
• 3+ years network design or administration involving cloud infrastructure [AWS, Azure, Google, etc.]
• 2+ yearexperience with *nix systems and general use
• 4+ years scripting or coding experience with one or more languages
• 3+ years hands-on experience with network engineering
• 3+ years evangelizing software defined datacenter or portions thereof
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Motivated self-starter who has the ability to lead by example and approach technical problems with creative solutions
• Strong knowledge of internet working designs and their applications, to include IP subnetting and complex routing techniques on LAN/WAN networks & Security
• Routing & Switching architecture, design of large scale networks
• Understanding of SDN/SDDC (Software Defined Network or Datacenter – full stack – (compute, storage, network) including experience with AWS, Azure, Openstack, Cloudstack, or related technologies
• Industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNP, CCIE, JNCP, et cetera.
• Multiple successful implementations of (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Cisco routers and switches, VPN connections, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco Lightweight Wireless Access Points, Meraki, and Citrix NetScalers
• Subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP and other network routing methods.
• Knowledge of project life cycle management
• Network device installation and testing
• Virtualization technologies
• Secure networkarchitectures
• High availability network design and technology
• Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, and scalable networkarchitectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.
• Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
• Must have knowledge networking features and protocols such as spanning tree, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+,SNMP, current WAN/MAN telecommunications technologies and Web caching services (proxy server) and 802.1x.
• Additional areas of expertise in areas such as VoIP and Call Center management are desired.
Provides the architectural design, installation, and configuration of logical and physical network systems (LAN,WAN, Wireless) to meet the functional objectives of the business Supports the design of the networkarchitecture and infrastructure. Plans and Manages the capacity and planning.
Manages the performance of network from a senior/architect viewpoint and leads efforts to optimize Troubleshoots, maintains, and provides engineering support for the networkinfrastructure and interacts with vendors to resolve issues.
Acts as a technical liaison to Management, System Analysts Unix/Windows, Storage, Application and Service Desk Teams for networkarchitecture expertise, troubleshooting, project delivery and other assistance. Define, implement and maintain network operations procedures Creates reports, diagrams, and charts as required for Information Technology procedures, training, and documentation. Ensures solution conformance to company policies
(including but not limited to Change Management, Purchasing, Security, and IT Service Management). Identifies process improvements to streamline and reduce service delivery of responsibilities.
10-20 percent (other TX locations)
Kay M. Cole, Human Resources, Senior Recruiter, DexYP